Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids, 10 and 7, stayed 2 nights at this hotel on July 9-11 2007. (Not SIX years ago, like another reviewer, and which NO one should take seriously after that time period!!) We booked directly w/ the hotel, they were very courteous, patient, and helpful,described the rooms in detail- and we got a great rate. ( I used to be a secret shopper, and I know what to look for when reviewing.) We booked a regular room which had a mini fridge, microwave, 2 dbl beds, (awesome mattresses!) coffeemaker, blow dryer, granite countertops, ceramic tile floor (in bath/vanity area). This room was redone 3 weeks earlier, as all the rooms are also being redone. EVERYTHING was new-floors to ceiling! It was spotless, smelled great, and the walls were pretty soundproof-never heard a neighbor. Instead of setting out sample sizes of shampoo, soap, etc., they are using dispensers mounted on the walls. One for shampoo, one for body wash, one for soap (at sink). Great idea!! No unwrapping & dropping tiny bars, running out of shampoo, & it's economical. (less cost to hotel = less cost passed on to me!) My only -and very minor- complaint is the blankets were older and getting worn thru in spots. Still served their purpose, tho. Lots of staff around, -maintenance people cleaning pool and working on landscape, housekeeping very prompt, staff at front desk & restaurant. The ice machine broke, they happily filled the bucket at the restaurant with lots of apologies for any inconvenience. The pool was warm, w/ a 3 ft. shallow area, 2 slides in the deep end that our kids loved, large hot tub, and lots of pool chairs. (get your towels at the front desk tho.) The shady, well manicured grounds had a yard with picnic tables to sit outside and read, eat, etc. We've stayed at several hotels on Cleveland Rd as well as at Cedar Point's properties, and this is by far the best value--but most importantly the CLEANEST. The others had dirty sticky furniture, carpets that your feet stuck to, paper-thin walls, poor service, nasty pools, or sea gull poop everywhere! We had none of that at South Shore Inn-at a better price but still with the conveniece of being at the mouth of the C.P. causeway. We've recommended this to our friends, and will definitely be repeat guests. Wish we would've found you sooner!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The South Shore Inn is a family friendly hotel conveniently located minutes away from the world-famous Cedar Point Amusement Park and downtown Sandusky. This Sandusky hotel is committed to excellent customer satisfaction! Our longstanding custom of providing supreme comfort and enjoyment has earned us a stellar reputation in the lodging industry. We’re sure you’ll find that our distinctive service, exceptional value and warm hospitality make us the ideal location to accommodate you and your family or group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your South Shore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Shore Hotel Sandusky
- South Shore Sandusky
- South Shore Inn Sandusky, Ohio