“THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! BUYER BEWARE!”

Best Budget Inn Sandusky
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We attempted to stay here after a long day at Cedar Point, when we entered our room, we noticed food crums on th floor, dust on the tv and counter tops, I went into the bathroom for further inspection, PUBIC HAIRS ON THE FLOOR AND TOILET! Toothpaste stains in the sink (that obviously no one cleaned). Immediately I went to check the bed (expecting bed bugs..) but what I found was food crumbs between the sheets, long strands of black hair (that were not mine) on the blankets, and cigarette burns / stains in the comforter. I immediately called the service desk to complane, she laughed and said 'uhh... housekeeping won't be here untill morning" I asked to speak to management, she gave me a number and directed me to someone who told me "the front desk should be taking care of your concerns, there is nothing I can do." I called back down and demanded a refund. Which I got, but was a huge headache. Do not stay here!!! Completely disgusting!!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ekayekelly
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Budget Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel property. We are sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations. Although a hotel that is aimed at the budget-conscience family, that shouldn't involve anything less that comfort, courtesy, and a safe experience. We're committed to ensuring that happen for ALL of our guests in the upcoming 2012 season!

Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were going to Cedar Point and booked a 2 night stay at the Best Budget Inn several days prior to taking our trip. I indicated on the reservation that we would be arriving very late on Friday. After a 7 hour drive to Sandusky after work on Friday, I arrived at the hotel shortly after midnight. I showed the receptionist my confirmation number (which had been secured with my credit card), however, she indicated that the hotel was booked up. When I relayed that yes... I was one who was booked into the hotel, she stated that the hotel was full. She gave me some telephone numbers of other hotels to call. At my insistance, she dialed one of the numbers for me. Turns out that I was able to locate a hotel room in another hotel, however, this was very unsettling to deal with after a very long day. The telephone number the clerk gave me for the Manager turned out to be a wrong number. When I called the reservations office the next day to confirm that my mastercard hadn't been charged for the Friday night (and to cancell the room for Saturday), the clerk was quite rude and not at all supportive. Bottom line is that the customer did not come first with this hotel... you will be taking your chances if you try to book a room here !! I ended up staying at the La Quinta hotel... very nice and highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Don't trust your reservations... they will give out your room...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank St_John_Family

We're sorry that your experienced difficulties with your reservation at our property. We have put a number of policies and procedures in place for the upcoming 2012 season to ward off experiences like this for our guests in the future. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experiences--it helps us become better at what we do and to improve the overall guest experience!

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The first room we were put in was disgusting. It was musty, there were yellow stains all over the walls, the beds were broken, and the bathroom was dirty with a half used roll of toilet paper. Dead bugs were everywhere, as were cobwebs and dirt. It looked like it had never been cleaned. My friends and I refused to stay in that room, and wee moved to another. It was much cleaner, but the hotel in general was dirty. The staff were as helpful as they could be, but I would not stay here again. We were there for a Cedar Point trip so we only slept there, but it was still a terrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbonek

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel property. As you can imagine, managing a seasonal, budget-conscience property like the Best Budget Inn is sometimes more challenging than managing a brand-new property with a full-slate of amenities. That said, however, we're very committed to providing a safe, clean environment for all of our guests, complete with a staff who is attentive to customer needs. As the property re-opens for the 2012 summer season, we have taken steps to put in place new management and tend to items that may have possibly been overlooked in the past. We hope you'll give us another chance to prove that a budget-friendly hotel can also be one that is clean, neat, and functional.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My boyfriend called about this place and we had NO IDEA when we booked a 2 night stay for Bike Week what this hotel was like. It was like a place out of a horror movie. The hallway to our room was dark- no lights on- got in the room and it was disgusting- first thing I did was check between the mattresses for bed bugs (to my surprise I didn't find any) mold on the walls, smelled like must and mildew...very outdated- should have known when we checked in and they handed us actual door keys instead of a key card that it was going to be bad- Didn't even have a computer for reservations, check ins, etc.... Thank god the only the longest we were in our room was to sleep and shower- killed a centipede in the bathroom. The towels were as rough as sand paper- Wish I knew how to get ahold of corporate - advertises free wireless internet, there wasn't any. The staff was nice, it's not their fault the owner chooses not to keep up this property. If I were the owner, I would be embarrassed to have an establishment that is as run down as this place was.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dltubaugh

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay in our property! I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and attempted to resolve your issues. Although this particular property is aimed at the budget-conscience family, there's no reason why, at the same time, it shouldn't be a clean, friendly, safe experience for all of our guests. We have put a number of items into place for the 2012 season to ensure that's exactly what we deliver. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

first couldnt checkin without a license plate num evevn with prepaid reservation lady at counter was rude and very unhelping rooms tvs barley worked no remote no clock or radio and to boot the pool was filthy ive paid less and got more and their continental breakfastwas toast what the hell they need to take a page out of victory inns book bigger rooms better service cleaner rooms and about 25 dollars cheaper would have rather drove back to detroit

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We were in a hurry to get to cedar point and the first two places were sold out so i went into the Best Budget Inn. when we returned that evening the parking lot smelled of a closed down seafood place from the overflowing dumster and trash around the outside of it. we went into our room which smelled only slightly better . my wife went into the bathrrom and the toilet was unflushed with waste still in it. there were burn marks all over the tub and the bathroom was showing the previous color in several spots and there was hair in the tub drain,our carpet looked to of not been cleaned in several years and not vacumed for several weeks, i went to the lobby which smelled of cigerette smoke to let the nice well mannered african american female who appeared around 25 the condition of our room when i was approached by a sandy blonde haired rude lady around 40 ish who was sitting in the lobby on a lap top computer who the nicer girl later identified as the manager. the manager seemed to not believe me and followed me to my room and simply advised me she would return to vacum it. at 11.15 pm i called the desk from my cell phone as the in room phone did not work and the nicer girl came and vacumed about 25 percent of our room,the blankets appeared to be several decades old. we seemed to be itchy all night and were very eager to leave early the next morning. as i was loading our vehicle i figured our boys could go to the lobby and take advantage of the free continental breakfast/after all how could they go wrong with boxed donuts and muffins from another source ?the kids came to the truck at 8.15 a.m. and advised me they were out of food.the only good part of our stay was that they had an older stronger capacity shower head which helped to wash the filth off of us before we left from this nasty stay we had .all 4 of us now the next day have several bites scabbing on our legs and we used bug spray every time we were outdoors on our vacation/we left every single suitcase on our back porch when we got home and today being the next day after checkout we are still bringing in only one washload at a time for fear of infecting our house.if the first few places you check are sold out hit the highway and keep checking. its worth missing a little cedar point time to stay in a clean place with your family. i hope you read this before you check into the best budget inn.. good luck

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dantheman60785
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My family was heading to Cedar Point, and got there late. There was only rooms avaible for the next night, so we had to find a place to stay for the night. We trighted almost everywhere but everything was sold out exept for the Buldge Inn ( I realize why after we saw the room ) Even when parking outside, we saw a man wandering around creeply. When we got to our room (just realizing then it was outside and was accually a motel) we went into our room and saw a two room and 1 bathroom piece of CRAP ! There were cirgirett holes through the blankets, holes in walls, stains on the walls and blankets, and also trash left over from the last guests. I WAS AFRAID TO SLEEP... I left a little light just for sercuity, because you dont feel safe at all... Overall After being charged $200 for a night in what was the WORST NIGHT IV EVER SPENT AT A HOTEL (More like a motel) I get chills thinking about the night even a week later. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME !!!!!!!! I Suggest everyone not to go there even if it might be a few bucks cheaper then some other places... Sooo much worth it to spend a extra $20 on a better room !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family