“Beiruit Bed and Breakfast”

Best Budget Inn Sandusky
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beiruit Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 June 2005

My wife and I booked this hotel through AAA and wanted a place to crash for a night before our outing to Cedar Point. When we drove up, the place seemed okay at a glance. I checked in and immediately received an extra 10% off my overnight price and was politely asked if I would like a king sized bed instead. I agreed, thinking it might be a AAA upgrade, and received my key. We drove around the corner to our room and strange shady townie people were grilling in the parking lot. The moment we walked in a looming, unstoppable, dark, nasty funk beat us down. I nearly gagged. Carpets were filthy and black with stains. The wall by the bed had liquid stains running down the side and large colonies of black mold. The wall by the door was nearly destroyed from massive water damage from the upstairs room, wallpaper flaking off and moldy. The bathroom was from a scene in Harry Potter with spiders everywhere, building egg sacks, large webs, apartments, schools, having parties as if they've never seen people before. Pubic hairs were on toilets and sheets. I found no remote or HBO as advertised. There was no clock, lots of burned out lightbulbs and no screens on the windows to air out the musk. We went to the mall to kill time and stopped at Bath and Body Works for discount candles and room spray. The candles and spray were snuffed out by the stink and people were still grilling at 2 am, loud people were up all night upstairs, and I couldn't sleep a wink. Wife took Nyquil to fall asleep. Next morning I found a huge purple louse dead on the floor, towels were hard, and we immediately left. While I waited for the wife to hurry up, saw so called house keepers (teenage girls) dragging garbage bags of linens around to and from vacant rooms. STAY AWAY. Avoid if you are alleric to molds. This is a roach motel. They purposely overbook and push people to take king beds to keep you in. I thought I got a deal but got stained sheets and spider parties.

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 13 June 2005

This hotel was terrible. I stayed there over the weekend during a trip to Cedar Point and it was horrible. During the last day the hot water was not working when my friend was in the shower. When we tried to call the lobby the phone was not working. My friend got dress and went to the lobby where they told her that there was a limit amount of hot water and there was nothing that they could do about us not having hot water. The room was horrible because the floor were not clean, the shower curtain had mildew on it and the lamps were half falling apart. On top of that the employees were not in any type of uniform so you never knew who was who.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Reviewed 2 June 2005

Place is a dump. Do not believe anything you see on any website about this place. Room was filthy including sheets,floors,towels, and shower was moldy. First night the toilet starting running for no reason and would not stop. Had to get up and turn the water off. Sink dripped all night. Before all of this I had called for a wake up call and front desk would not answer the phone. Had to walk down the spider infested balcony and stairs to tell them since they would not pick up the phone. Following morning I complained about the problems and was told it would be taken care of. Came back late that evening and the toilet had been fixed. Housekeeping didn't bring us any clean towels or make the beds while we were out. Dealt with it and went to bed. At about 2am the fire alarms went off for no reason so we stood outside in the parking lot for an hour waiting for the all clear to go back to bed. Many upset guests talking outside about how nasty there rooms were. Manager was very rude when I called her from home a couple of days later. Offered me 10% off my bill for the first night. Called head office and am still waiting to hear back from them. Pictures in adds look very nice. It is not. Day old donuts for there "breakfast bar". Stay someplace else. Will be worth any extra money spent.

• Stayed May 2005
Reviewed 13 October 2004

I understand that 2star usually fewer amenitites and less service options. I in no way expected that 2star meant that I would have cigarette butts on the floor of a non-smoking room, or that there would be mold and mildew in the shower, or that there would be used soap on the sink, or that there would be discolorations/stains on the sheets, or that the pool (which was open) would be filled with green water. I have contacted the hotel for a full refund. Once I receive their decision, I will be contact the BBB in Sandusky, the hotel association there, their corporate headquarters and anyone else I can think of. If they cant make it sanitary then they need to SHUT IT DOWN !!!!!!!!! I WOULD HAVE RATHER SLEPT IN A PILE OF WARM ELEPHANT DUNG !!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2004
Reviewed 8 September 2004

My family stayed at this motel last year. After reading some other reviews from people that stayed ther this year I see that there has NOT been any improvement. This is probably one of the WORST motels in the country and the city of Sandusky should be ashamed to have not closed it down for a number of health and deceiving business violations. The city better wake up before someone dies or gets really sick while staying there. They will be partly the blame because of their nonaction.

buffalo, new york
Reviewed 31 August 2004

Inn was rated 3 stars according toAAA. Saw review after I booked a 2 night stay. On edge when I got there about staying. Customer at desk asking for ice bucket, reply was , we don't have anymore. Mentioned review to clerk, she acted shocked. Went to my musty, dirty room. Bathroom floor dirty, hair on floor. 1/2 roll of toilet paper. Went to desk to complain, siad room would be cleaned. Went out with my kids to buy pillows, lightbulbs, candles, cleaning supplies. Blanket had burn holes, spread ripped. Kids slept in their clothes, on top of spread. Changed all the bulbs, changed shower curtain and bought mat for tub. Also bought towels and washcloths. Didn't want to wash with a stained washcloth. Where's the clock radio, HBO and showtime. Told HBO wasn't working and that they didn't have the advertised Showtime. Park discount was a Pepsi can. Security was the greatest, dim halls and the doors were either proped open or unlocked all night. only 2 dim lights on until 9 pm, then the overhead lights were turned on. I paid $110.00 for a Saturday night, $60.00 for Sunday night. $180.00 for stale pastry and weak coffee.

6 Thank neville54
Chicago il
Reviewed 24 August 2004

well i agree with everyones post on here about the hotel and the hotel service ... but when i checked into this crap i wasn't expecting much. i spent 36 bucks for one night in a room here NEAR CEDAR POINT,now keep in mind all of the other nice hotels within a 5 miles from cedar point are at least 90 bucks a night for weekdays and at least 200 on a weekend (don't believe me? check for yaself).
so when i got my room all i wanted was a BED because i was only there to sleep and wake up and leave for cedar point in the morning... the room was horible there were 2 flys in the room the room, the bathroom smelled like someone had just got finished doing #2 in there and the carpet was dirty... BUT there was a bed with clean sheets (no stains) so i was happy about that. my only real big complaint about this hotel was that it had a very awful nasty skinky funky musty mildewy smell to it,and although my stay there was horrible i give this hotel 2 dots because when you pay cheap money on a hotel room u shouldn't complain when u get cheap service and a bad room .... so bottom line is spend the extra cash and get a nice room somewhere else......

P.S this hotel did have a nice shuttle bus service to cedar point.. this is a great service seeing that u don't pay for parking and u get droped off right in front of the gate (when u park u have to walk a while if u don't get there early)

4 Thank Bradman77