My wife and I booked this hotel through AAA and wanted a place to crash for a night before our outing to Cedar Point. When we drove up, the place seemed okay at a glance. I checked in and immediately received an extra 10% off my overnight price and was politely asked if I would like a king sized bed instead. I agreed, thinking it might be a AAA upgrade, and received my key. We drove around the corner to our room and strange shady townie people were grilling in the parking lot. The moment we walked in a looming, unstoppable, dark, nasty funk beat us down. I nearly gagged. Carpets were filthy and black with stains. The wall by the bed had liquid stains running down the side and large colonies of black mold. The wall by the door was nearly destroyed from massive water damage from the upstairs room, wallpaper flaking off and moldy. The bathroom was from a scene in Harry Potter with spiders everywhere, building egg sacks, large webs, apartments, schools, having parties as if they've never seen people before. Pubic hairs were on toilets and sheets. I found no remote or HBO as advertised. There was no clock, lots of burned out lightbulbs and no screens on the windows to air out the musk. We went to the mall to kill time and stopped at Bath and Body Works for discount candles and room spray. The candles and spray were snuffed out by the stink and people were still grilling at 2 am, loud people were up all night upstairs, and I couldn't sleep a wink. Wife took Nyquil to fall asleep. Next morning I found a huge purple louse dead on the floor, towels were hard, and we immediately left. While I waited for the wife to hurry up, saw so called house keepers (teenage girls) dragging garbage bags of linens around to and from vacant rooms. STAY AWAY. Avoid if you are alleric to molds. This is a roach motel. They purposely overbook and push people to take king beds to keep you in. I thought I got a deal but got stained sheets and spider parties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated for the summer of 2014, the the Best Budget Inn Sandusky is a big savings hotel! Bring the family and friends along to enjoy our selection of larger 1, 2, and 3 bedroom family-style rooms, as well as rooms with a separate two-person Jacuzzi. Your stay includes free wi-fi internet access, HBO and ESPN, free local calls, and an outdoor pool. We also offer a game room, laundry service, and easy access to local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Budget Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Budget Inn Sandusky
- Sandusky Budget Inn
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Ohio