“Great! Thank you Doc for making my me and my family feel welcomed at Maui Sands”

Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Buffalo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Thank You Christine, Doc and the morning manager for making our stay great. We had issues getting into Sandusky and lost a day of our trip, but once we arrived at the hotel the above people provided great customer service. We are very thankful to Maui Sands Resorts!! We love the suites suites in the main the main building. Also, we enjoyed the indoor water park. Great life guard staff. I could not get my footing in the water and the life guards rushed right over to me. They were very caring and I didn't feel embarrassed. If they hadn't been so kind I would have felt very silly in all 3 feet of
water.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Truthfulnessanddear
Natalie W, Front Office Manager at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Truthfulnessanddear:

Thank you very much for telling us about your visit to the Maui Sands Resoret & Indoor Waterpark.

We are very pleased that our accommodations and Team Members were able to make your stay great.

We want our staff all of our guests professionally and courteously and Team Members such as Christine, Doc and the front desk staff are wonderful ambassadors for the resort.

Our llfeguard staff is Red Cross-certified, but also know the importance of treating our guests with compassion. We want all of our guests to have a very enjoyable visit to the resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was a little bit skeptical based on some of the reviews on here. The rooms were clean and well kept. Even had Bath and Body Works products in the bathrooms. Service areas were very helpful. Food was great. Breakfast buffet was included and good. Park was definitely smaller than we are used to but, we really preferred it this way. It was easy to find family members, life guards were friendly and my family will definitely be back. Thanks so much!

3 Thank Clochwat
Natalie W, Front Office Manager at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Clochwat:

You are very welcome. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied guest.

Glad your stay went so well. Our waterpark is perfectly suited to young families. There is plenty to for the little ones yet very manageable for parents. Plus, our lifeguards are expected to great our guests courteously and professionally.

We are also pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and our food offerings.

We hope you will visit with us again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ran in the race at Cedar Point on 6/28- needed just an overnight stay. When looking up prices of area hotels for the night- noted this one was just a bit more with a water park bonus, so decided to book it for the night. We arrived at 4 pm Friday and my kids (13 yr old, 9 yr olds) wanted to get changed and go to the water park ASAP. First thing they noted was our "view" was basically a brick wall. It appears this was just a normal hotel once and a water park was slapped in the middle of it later on- this was the wall we were looking at. We have visited Kalahari, Castaway bay and GW Lodge in the area, which have all kept my kids entertained and I feel I got my money's worth. They were done with all the activities at MS by 6 pm and wanted to head back to the room. Not a lot of food options in house- we got a rock hard soft pretzel and a highly processed pizza to eat. Did not get to try the breakfast because we had to leave before it was served. It was fine for what we needed it for- but if I was actually vacationing there, I'd be highly disappointed! Spend a little more and go to one of the bigger parks.

Dear Jenniferfam5:

Thank you for telling us about your visit to the resort.
We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

The waterpark is one of the largest in area and very popular with younger families. Your kids may have wanted a larger variety of attractions. Unfortunately, you did not have an opportunity to enjoy the complimentary breakfast buffet. With eggs, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, juice and coffee, it is very popular with our guests.

Your comments are important to us. Feedback from our guests will help us improve in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked last minute via Orbitz for a single nights stay. Being we only planned to stay in Sandusky for about 20 hours, we didn't want to spend a considerable amount of money for a hotel & water park entertainment. The gal who checked us in was great- she even attempted conversation w/our very shy daughter about our forthcoming trip to Cedar Point. :)
The decor of hotel is a bit dated, but keeping with the Hawaiian theme. The room, although we were upgraded, was not over-the-top nice, but had the basic essentials.
I was most impressed with the water park. It was very clean, the water was comfortably warm (huge win as if it were cool/cold, I would not go in) and the slides available for the space were great.
I was least impressed with the breakfast. Juice & coffee were undrinkable because the taste was so bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Natalie W, Front Office Manager at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear emeder:

Thank you visiting the Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark. Feedback from our guests is very important to us.

Glad you enjoyed the waterpark and your accommodations and you received special attention from our front desk staff. They are wonderful representatives for the resort.

However, we are sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast buffet. Many of our guests are very complimentary about our offering.

We hope you will visit with us again soon. Your patronage is very important to us.
Hudson, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Sheets and linens were clean. Overall the hotel is in need of a full renovation. Carpets are worn and stained. Walls are dirty and scuffed. Breakfast is free but not very good. The staff was very pleasant. I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kathleen C
Natalie W, Front Office Manager at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Kathleen C:

Thank you telling us about your visit to the resort. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your stay.

We are glad that our Team Members treated your courteously and professionally. We want our staff to provide the best guest service possible each and every day.

However, we are disappointed that you did not like your accommodations or the complimentary breakfast buffet. Normally, it is a favorite of our guests.

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us improve for the future.
Van Wert, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed with my three friends and one of their parents. We had a room with a queen sized bed and a smaller room with two bunk beds. It was clean and we had plenty of towels. Only complaints being random carpet stains and lack of outlets. The water park was alright, but with a couple rude life guards. The arcade was loud and disspointing. The hotel itself is very unexclusive. Almost all of the doors didn't need the room keys to get inside the actual hotel, so anyone can come in.

The irritating part is the service we recieved after leaving. We had left a pair of nice sweatpants in the room and wanted them back of course. Their calling service is mainly recordings and very time consuming. My friend left a message and they have yet to get back to her.

I had fun but I'm not sure if I would go back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank skylar1898
Natalie W, Front Office Manager at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Skylar 1898:

Sorry we haven't been able to help you find your sweatpants.

Please call me so we can talk about your visit in greater detail (419.621.7357, ext. 1101).

We try to keep our rooms and carpets as clean as possible. Unfortunately, some marks cannot be removed. Admittedly, the arcade is small, but we considering some renovations for it later in the year.

Hopefully, we can talk soon.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Resort? Not!!! The carpets in the hotel were filthy. The front desk staff was very unprofessional! Our 1st day there, the rooms were not cleaned and trash was not emptied. When we inquired about the situation, the new manager responded by phone stating: "What do you want me to do about it"! This resort was advertised as the second largest resort? I believe this is false advertising. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. They are in the process of making changes and remodeling under their new management, however, I think the hotel should be closed until changes are made and hotel is thoroughly cleaned and carpets are changed. Our group booked 3 rooms. The air condition unit only worked in one room. Fans had to be delivered to the other rooms for the whole weekend. I saw the bar staff sitting most of the time, drinking and watching t.v. Just a very low class hotel and unprofessional staff of employees!

Room Tip: Don't book here!