“It's the Real Deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mekong Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vermilion, Ohio
“It's the Real Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I never had Vietnamese food, other than spring rolls at an Asian Bistro. Their Spring Rolls were delicious and I enjoyed the dipping sauce. The Wonton Soup was flavorful and large portioned. My husband had the Beef Pho noodle soup and I tasted a wonderful beef broth with rice noodles.I enjoyed Chicken with spicy yellow curry sauce with brown rice. It was excellent and the best curry I've had in the area. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are large enough for leftovers. They have a very large selection of beers. Service was great and efficient. We definitely will be returning here again.

• Visited August 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Break from Chain Restaurants -- Authentic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were happy to escape the clutches of chain restaurants surrounding the waterparks and amusement parks in NW Ohio. The experience here lived up to and even exceeded our expectations based on the good reviews. You won't be disappointed here if you favor Asian cuisines.

First, I have been to Vietnam and numerous other SE Asian countries several times over the past couple of years as a tourist, so I have some experience with the cuisine. Although Vietnamese food tends to look like Chinese food, the flavors are much more subtle probably due to the influence of the French for so many years.

My food was freshly prepared, tasty, and absolutely NOT greasy at all. I had the vegetable springs rolls and my entree was fried noodles (thin noodles like angel hair pasta but better) with veggies and some small pieces of pork served with a bit of broth on it to soften the noodles.. It was fresh and luscious. Portions were adequate, but not large.

Service was very nice and this restaurant has tablecloth service, which makes it feel a bit more upscale than the local chain restaurants. They have a HUGE selection of beer, but I had wine and it was reasonably priced. In fact, everything here was reasonably priced.

The owner came to chat with us and was very happy to hear we had been to his country. He was very welcoming.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Ortlinde
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Vietnam on Lake Erie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful surprise. We had traveled in Vietnam about a year and half ago and enjoyed the Vietnamese cuisine while there. Well, we can categorically assert the Vietnamese food we tried is authentic. All four items we ordered were the genuine article from their spicy hot and sour soup to the very lightly fried spring tools to their crispy noodles with chicken and their soft noodles with pork. The service was very friendly and fast. Prices were very reasonable.

While there we met the owner, Mr. Ching, and exchanged notes from our trip to Southern Vietnam. It was a short but delightful visit.

We will be back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MojaveMax
Off the Grid
“Suprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I tried it mid day on a Saturday, so there was no wait. We wanted to try something different and both us were pleasantly surprised at the quality and taste of the food. This could be our new favorite place. We enjoyed the steamed spring rolls and our dinners. She had a chicken and vegetable dish while I had the flat fried rice noodles with beef. Very good!

• Visited October 2013
Ohio
“Tasty! Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have dined here many times and give both food and service 2 thumbs up. My husband raves about the beer list. More often, though, we order take out and have wine at home. I don't know how they do it, but the order is always ready in 10 minutes. The seafood with vegetables and brown sauce is delicious.

• Visited July 2014