“Nice new interior”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I like hot dogs...and have seen references in other reviews to Chicago dogs. Say what?

The server had no clue about Chicago dogs, and they're not on the menu!!! After explaining what was necessary, (she attempted to pay attention) No celery salt to be found, asked for pretzel bun because I got the "deer in the headlights" look when I asked for a poppy seed bun. Sport peppers? That is a whole different story. I'll give them a 4 out of 5 because the kitchen did their best to make that dog, and there are other very good hotdogs on the menu. I prefer larger fries too, but that's just a personal preference.

IMO Chicago dogs should be part of any Midwest hot dog emporium. I will totally still eat there - good location, fair prices, and several other choices of good food.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have to admit, I only go there for the Hot Dogs. All Beef and just like Chicago and New York. They have other great items on the menu including friendly and efficient service too! If you get a chance ... just steps from the downtown of Sandusky, OH. Kind of wierd but they also have a small one row bar at the back overlooking the bay . It is actually over a street but the view is actually good if yo enjoy the water and watching people.

Perched above the street you can see everyone as they depart from Jet Express Boats to/from the Lake Erie Islands.

Seems like a loca stop and that means you will meet other people from the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Service is always pretty okay there, sometimes great sometimes could use improvement.
Food is different, and always tastes fresh with a different take -- not the canned/frozen/commercial taste.
Always great for a quick lunch before we head out onto the lake.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Four of us decided to try this place last night. When were arrived, they were somewhat busy, but certainly not packed. We were seated, but they didn't have enough menus, so we had to wait on those. I had to ask three times to get a glass of water, but the other drinks arrived right away.Hubby ordered unsweetened ice tea and said it was horrible. Three of us ordered the Jersey Dogs ripped. They were just ok in just an ordinary bun. We had them topped with chili and cheese---just ok. We did have fried scallops and fried pickles as appetizers, along with a dipping sauce for both. They were very good. Hubby had a reuben sandwhich which he said was not good. He didn't even finish it and definitely didn't want to take it with him. Service was just so so. It certainly wasn't horrible food, but it wasn't that good either. We won't be back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We are boaters in this area and try all the local places. My wife is crazy about dogs, but not these.
Good selection of brew, but would not touch the Dogs again. We each had different and each went Yuk. Service was slow but curtious.
We'd rather do some place else.
Just us. what more can we say.