“Great Place right outside the Park”
Review of Thirsty Pony

Thirsty Pony
Ranked #9 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great food, we loved the super nachos, the Bam Burger was amazing, and try the Lonely Pony Sauce on the Wings Yum! Was traveling with kids and this was the perfect spot right outside Cedar Point and lots to do for kids to - arcade games, bowling, lazer tag - Great Draft Beer Selection and a great place to watch the game, tons of TV's Kind of loud and very busy were the only negatives.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We visited the Thirsty Pony during a visit to Sandusky for the weekend for Halloweekends. I was looking forward to visiting, as I had not been here since it was known as Johnny Angels when I was 12! I was not disappointed. The food was great! Although I think that the menu is TOO BIG. Service was quite fast as well. The bar service was fair. They specialize in many touristy types of drinks. It was funny watching people order a plastic guitar filled with booze. We had so much fun that the following night we brought another two people with us. The place was packed again, but we were served quickly after grabbing a seat at the bar.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good place to cool off and get a drink after a day at cedar point. Very entertaining as well. It's not only a bar, but a racino as well. funny crowd.

1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Wow!! Love the fact that We're staying here at the hotel and it's connected. The locals are really nice and the food is really good. You can bet on some horses and play Keno. They also have a Bowling Alley and Arcade.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The food is very good and you get a lot for your money. I have had the Oriental chicken salad and it is fantastic. The onion straws are out of this world as is the lobster bisque. The pizza is good, the rubens are great ( corn beef and turkey ) fries and fried pickles are delish. I have not had a bad meal there.