A group of 9 of us went 3/1/14 (4 adults, 5 kids). We all booked family fun pack which was not cheap. It started off ok, was able to get our room a bit earlier then expected. Once we got to the waterpark, the smell of chlorine was so strong my eyes started burning. we swam for 4 hours, then went to dinner with our "kids eat free" coupons for the adjoining TGIF Fridays. There are so many stipulations with this, that at the end, I didn't even know what I could eat. TGIF Fridays kept blaming castaway bay & visa-versa. The kids were starving and the poor waitress got so frustrated with our questions and her not knowing the answers, she just left! Later that night, 3 of the 5 kids broke out in a terrible rash and burning/itching. I can only assume that the extreme levels of chemicals in the water and hot tub caused this. The next day I also noticed that the finish on my "stamped" 14k white gold ring turned black. So between allergic reactions, running to the store at midnight for Benadryl, a ruined ring, and confrontational dinner- I would strongly suggest you choose one of the many other waterparks in the area. I'm especially concerned for all the infants I saw at castaway. If (2) 9 year olds and an 11 yr old broke out due to I'll-managed chemicals in the water, what could it do to an infant's skin. I welcome the GM at castaway bay or director of customer relations to contact me for additional details on this experience before someone gets seriously ill.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.