La Quinta Inn Sandusky near Cedar Point
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hotwire.com
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
US$234
US$171
All reviewscedar pointroom was cleanfree breakfastrestaurants and shoppingwaffle makerthe breakfast areai highly recommend this hotelsleeper sofamake your own wafflesdonutsoutdoor poolwould definitely stay here againliving roomstayed nightschecking ingreat roomlq
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We arrived to find the place under renovation, which is not mentioned on the website. Front desk attendant, while not rude, was not welcoming. Simply gave us room information and told us how to get to our room so that we could avoid the newly tiled hallway! Blue painters tape in the hallway, in our bathroom! Signs of construction work in progress everywhere! Our room smelled awful; the air conditioning unit was on full blast when we arrived--obviously someone had left it on to remove whatever odor was in the room. It was NOT a new carpeting or tiling smell. We asked for another room, which we were given. The rooms were ridiculously small--only about two-three feet between foot of the bed and the desk and tiny dresser. Bathroom vanity is just slightly larger than the sink--little room to store toiletries. If you were traveling with more than two people, the rooms would be uncomfortably small. We were on the first floor, with rooms opening to a hallway that has a door leading outside to the parking lot, yet there was no security bolt on the inside of our room door. The was a deadbolt, but it was difficult to lock. The doors were not well insulated and you could hear sounds from the hallway. They advertise a free hot breakfast, but when we inquired were we told that, due to the renovations, the breakfast was NOT available, but we could go DOWN THE STREET to the Hampton Inn! We were NOT told of any of this when we checked in. If I had not pre-paid for the rooms, we would have left and found another hotel. The least they could have done was give some sort of discount coupon to guests for breakfast somewhere, for their inconvenience. AWFUL EXPERIENCE! Would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This hotel was great! They were very accommodating and gave us a smoke free room that I very much needed! The staff was very friendly and gave us extra towels to make sure we were settled! Perhaps the best thing was breakfast!!!!! It was amazing and free!!!! Soooooo good!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Maybe since I stayed here in the middle of January (outside of the Sandusky/Cedar Point tourist season), rooms were in better order than those from other reviews. My room was very clean with comfortable bedding and plenty of towels/bathroom amenities. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Management made it possible for our rowdy group to be back away from other guests and we all had a great time for our winter reunion!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I would not stay at this hotel if it was free. The customer service is terrible. The people at the front desk are the rudest people i have ever encountered. The cleaning lady came in my room when i had a do not disturbe sign on my door. I left a jacket in the room called ten minutes after i left they said they would have it at the front desk for. Left Cedarpoint at about 10pm went to get my jacket and they did not have it. I did not receive a phone call saying they have it until i called 2 weeks later and they had it. I had to give my credit card number for them to ship it back. The girl was rude and YELLING on the phone to me. TERRRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breanne L
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We needed a place to stay that would allow a pet & this place accommodated us. The only issue was the pull out couch in the suite. It was not very comfortable & it seemed like it was broken. The staff was very nice & the room was clean-so I can't complain. The hotel is very close to the park. I will stay there again! Had a very nice breakfast which was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends