“Look elsewhere”

La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a tough one. People are nice. Bathroom is updated. Breakfast is good.

However, pullout couch was disgusting. There were stains on it. Its sheets were dirty. And our king size bed had bugs.

A tip for cedar point overall: the cedar point hotels get on rides from 9-10. Depending on how early your kids wake up, this could be a benefit to explore depending on hotel deals. Either way, do not stay here.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank chicagopapa
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoyed this stay from the moment I walked into the lobby throughout checkout. I was greeted with warmth and had a very prompt check-in. I also received a complimentary upgrade as I was recognized for being a rewards member. Everything in the room was nice and clean. I have no complaints of any kind about the room. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. The complimentary breakfast was the delicious and the staff was very friendly. I had considered switching to another hotel before I came but am so glad that I did not. I visited the nearby Cedar Point as I try to annually and know from here on out exactly where I plan to stay again. Thanks for making my stay wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a suite which was a little worn down. Black mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom. The reason we booked a suite was to have the living room so the kids could sleep in and we could watch TV and close the door. The TV in the living room was broken. Husband went to front desk to tell them they replied they knew it was broken! Sorry I didn't pay $160 a night for a broken tv. We decided to check out and move hotels (glad we did) however, they charged us $50 for living and we didn't use anything in the room!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank CrazyDisneyGirl
A La Quinta traveler
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After booking a 2 room Suite with a Jacuzzi, I checked in and was informed that their 2 room suites no longer have Jacuzzis. I accepted a smaller room with a Jacuzzi.
Upon entering the room, I immediately smelled pet odor. While I appreciate that they are a pet friendly hotel, I believe if the room was cleaned properly that I wouldn't have smelled the pet odor.
When attempting to use the TV I couldn't find the remote so I attempted to call the front desk but got no answer. I then went to ask for a remote at the front desk and the lady acted like I took the other remote but gave me another one anyways.
Overall, the room was up to date with the exception of the Jacuzzi which looked like it came right out of the 70's, it made the room look a bit confused. The switch to turn the jacuzzi on was inconveniently located behind a different wall which made it impossible to control from inside the Jacuzzi.
I've had many pleasant stay at LQ's across the country but quite frankly, I don't believe this location meets LQ standards.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Josh R
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights here. The front staff was excellent and extremely helpful. This was the best customer service I have received from a hotel. Room was updated 2 years ago and very nice and clean. Free breakfast was also very good. Try the waffle maker. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice but inexpensive place to stay close to Cedar Point. Within 5 minutes you are in the park.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building in a king suite with a huge jacuzzi tub. Very nice.
3  Thank Darrin P
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Quiet location on one of the main streets of Sandusky. 5 minute drive from Cedar Point. Clean rooms, good variety for breakfast, good staff. Second building for pet rooms and huge field for smelling. Restaurants all along main streets in town (3).