“Pleasantly suprised!!!!”

La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We (total of 5) stayed from 6/15 thru 6/18, I was a little worried by previous reviews but was suprised how nice everything turned out. We were in room 115. We booked here because we brought our dog and Cedar Point resorts dont allow animals. The positives - easy check in and check out, very clean room and bathroom except 1 thing (see below), great beds, good water pressure, a/c worked great, decent breakfast, very friendly staff and a good pool. The few negatives - the one dirty thing in the room was the sofa bed, we did not use it as a bed but the arms and cushions were nasty, it needs replaced (we put our own sheet over it for our son to sleep on) and their was a little mildew/mold on the ceiling in the bathroom but I believe that was due to the weak fan that is in the bathroom. But once again, overall a very good stay. If you expect a 5-star hotel you will be dissapointed but it is very nice property for its age and the price. I would recommend it for a family vacation to cedar point and the islands.

2  Thank William G

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel mainly because of the Jacuzzi rooms! The price wasn't outrageous (I purposely chose the cheapest weekend of the summer to stay at a hotel in Sandusky, the prices get a little bit crazy later in the summer) and our room was large, clean, and everything worked great. The breakfast was pretty good, much variety and decent quality. Our room had a balcony overlooking the outdoor pool, and I loved the jetted bath. It was certainly worth the price. Just make sure that if you do book the king size Jacuzzi room, that you get there early (before they give it to someone else) or you call and make sure that that is the room that you will be getting. We almost had a mix up with rooms, but I'm not sure if this was a mistake by the staff or the website. Either way, the woman at the desk quickly switched our room and gave us the room we paid for. Also the bed was FANTASTIC, it was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in! The location was perfect; right on the main road with hundreds of restaurants, and within 15 minutes of anything worth doing in Sandusky (I recommend going to the Deer Park, it was unexpectedly a great time). It was a wonderful vacation, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A great location to stay when visiting Cedar Point! Cab ride was $20, location was super close. Plenty of shopping opportunities in the area. A nice safe place to stay with kids. Would return if in the area again. Staff was easy to deal with and very helpful.

3  Thank atruger
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a tough one. People are nice. Bathroom is updated. Breakfast is good.

However, pullout couch was disgusting. There were stains on it. Its sheets were dirty. And our king size bed had bugs.

A tip for cedar point overall: the cedar point hotels get on rides from 9-10. Depending on how early your kids wake up, this could be a benefit to explore depending on hotel deals. Either way, do not stay here.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank chicagopapa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoyed this stay from the moment I walked into the lobby throughout checkout. I was greeted with warmth and had a very prompt check-in. I also received a complimentary upgrade as I was recognized for being a rewards member. Everything in the room was nice and clean. I have no complaints of any kind about the room. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. The complimentary breakfast was the delicious and the staff was very friendly. I had considered switching to another hotel before I came but am so glad that I did not. I visited the nearby Cedar Point as I try to annually and know from here on out exactly where I plan to stay again. Thanks for making my stay wonderful.

1  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a suite which was a little worn down. Black mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom. The reason we booked a suite was to have the living room so the kids could sleep in and we could watch TV and close the door. The TV in the living room was broken. Husband went to front desk to tell them they replied they knew it was broken! Sorry I didn't pay $160 a night for a broken tv. We decided to check out and move hotels (glad we did) however, they charged us $50 for living and we didn't use anything in the room!

• Stayed: June 2014