“Excellent haunt”

Ghostly Manor Thrill Center
Ranked #6 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: Multi Attraction Family Entertainment Center. Featured on The Travel Channel's "Best Places I've Ever Been." Experience the scariest haunted house you will ever encounter, ride the fastest virtual roller coaster in Ohio, experience a one-of-a-kind interactive 3D blacklight mini golf journey, bounce houses, an indoor play area or get your heart pumping some more with a whirl around the skating rink. Special Events in October (Lake Eerie Fear Fest) December (Winter Wonderland Walk Through) and in September (Lake Eerie Zombie Mud Run).
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Wadsworth, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent haunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

As a self-proclaimed "haunt enthusiast" - I like to travel and hit as many haunts as I can throughout the season. This year was the first year I went to Ghostly Manor, and I had no idea what I was missing. This place is amazing, well paced, and very detailed. Definitely one of Ohio's best haunts, if not one of the best anywhere.

As far as the other aspects, they have mini-lane bowling, a good snack bar, and some fun arcade games. Bonus, the place is open year round. I will be back over the winter for my haunt fix, and I might even give roller skating a try!

1 Thank JoshWozny

Canandaigua, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not open”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Went to this place on a Sunday afternoon. Their website said they opened at noon. Well we were only interested in the Ghostly manor part but when we arrived we were told that they had no staff to run it. What a joke!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank wuncebitten13
Canton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ghostly Manor: Something for Everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had never been to Ghostly Manor but I knew it was one of the top ten haunted houses in the country. Even Bert the Conqueror visited there! However, I did not know how much else they have to offer people of all ages. Besides the Ghostly Manor itself and extra haunted houses open during the Halloween season, there are other attractions fun for the whole family: Bounce Houses and play area for the young kids; 3D Golf for the older kids and adults; a huge roller rink; a Snack Bar and XD Simulated Ride Theaters. Our group was visiting to familiarize ourselves with the local attractions since we are also in the tourist industry. We will be happy to recommend Ghostly Manor to visitors to our area!

1 Thank BMartindale
Culpeper
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Claims To Be In Top 10 Scariest Haunted Houses?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'm pretty tough to scare or even startle so for me a haunted house is generally a losing experience. We only went because Cedar Point was experiencing a phenominal amount of business this particular weekend and I was not putting up with it. When we arrived at the manor we had to wait in line to enter what I thought was the haunted house. It was merely a line to document where you were from and then send you through a small and lame "haunted" area but okay, it was just a way to get you ready I guess. Then once through that small part you found yourself in a new line where you had to decide which houses you wanted to do. There are five total. If you only choose one, then it's their main one only, no choice of which one. At this point we only wanted to spend a limited amount of money and took the default house.

I imagine if I was really afraid of masks then this would have scared me. It was a very long haunted house so that was nice. It probably took 10 minutes to walk through it. There were a few parts where we weren't sure which way to go and almost exited by mistake. Mostly this was a house filled with people in masks and hidden behind doors, dark corners, and pictures/mirrors/panels. Some rooms they draw your attention to something in the room so someone can sneak up on you to try and startle you. I can say I was startled ONE time only. My 15 and 13 year old kids were not scared and perhaps they were startled a couple times. My wife was startled a few times, but generally not scared. They lacked the old-timey haunted house traditions of people cut in half or amputated screaming in pain with a doctor playing with guts. No monsters behind glass or bars banging to get out. No chainsaw guy at the end to chase you down. It was just a bunch of places in the house where someone or some thing tried to startle you. I was disappointed.

I can remember as a teen going to some really truly scary haunted houses and perhaps I was either spoiled or just "ran out" of fear of monsters I guess. I was disappointed that my kids could not experience what I did when I was kid. The other thing that I assume all haunted houses lack is the ability to reach out and touch you. I know it's a legal thing and even a safety thing, but man back in the day people could grab you and that was scary! I remember being grabbed in one part of a hanted house and dragged to another part and let go. Surely I was going to die that day!! But I survived. It's unfortunate that the actions of a few diminish the value for the many. Monsters get inappropriately grabby, children go missing, or monsters get assaulted. All too often I go to haunted events where I hear someone exclaim, "Get too close to me and I'll punch you!!" Really? Why did you go if that's your reaction? I've gotten off topic a little but just trying to reflect on what likely happened to this and many other haunted attractions to make them a bit lame.

All in all, if you are an easy scare then this may work for you. Maybe the other 4 houses they have offer what I missed in this one. My kids do want to go back some day and experience the other 4 so there was a little value in there for them.

Dellroy, Ohio
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“It's fun and pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

They have a lot going on. The golf was a rip off for the price but the 3D theatre is cool but once again pricey.

1 Thank Jim C