“Best Western's Best !”

Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Driving across country, without making hotel reservations for the night, we took a chance on a Best Western. We have had some bad luck in the past, but we were tired and needed to stop!

A lovely surprise awaited us with it's friendly and welcoming service. The room was large, clean and well appointed.

I had left my phone charger along the way and I called the front desk to inquire about a retailer where I could find a replacement and up A staff member came with several options fir my use.

More than an hour down the road we realized my husband had left his brief case behind and the hotel staff was happy to ship it to us rather than insisting that we return to retrieve it.

For a couple of weary travelers this Best Westwrn was a wonderful place to rest my head! Thank you all!

Thank you Best Western Sandusky, Ohio!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jillyartist

Reviewed 6 November 2011

We were only there for a night. The styling and cleanliness was exceptional. The service was also up to par. No complaints at all. A great Stay!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Hotel itself is fine, beds are a bit stiff but the real problem we had with our stay was noise.

We asked for a quiet room, but got placed directly in the middle (near the elevator) of the hallway on the 2nd floor. People slamming their doors and shouting loudly, running up and down the halls, for both nights we stayed until about 2am (Cedar Point open until midnight).

I mentioned it to the staff at the front desk, but they weren't interested in trying to make it up to us at all, and just shrugged it off.

Location is good next to Hwy. 2 and 250, but we won't be coming back to this property again. We'll stay further West in Port Clinton, which is only about 20 minutes from Cedar Point, and far, far quieter.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed one night and everything was great. The bed, bathroom, linens, breakfast, lobby, pool, etc. were without fault. All areas were very clean and the desk person was attentive and helpful. The breakfast was better than most continental, more of a full breakfast with hot choices.
We had no complaints. I cannot understand why AAA gave it only 2 stars as it was a very high end 3 star hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I have been making the trip for the last 6 years to visit Halloweekends in October. Every year we have experienced awful hotels. From rooms that smell like pee, cancelled reservations, rooms above sliding glass doors that shake the walls, drunks on a beer cooler outside of our door, someone trying to break into our room, bed bugs... we've experienced it all in the past 6 years! It had gotten to the point last year that we just decided to go home at 2 am when we finally got out of the Cedar Point parking lot. This year we thought we would give it one more try and decided to stay at the Best Western Plus in Sandusky; we were not disappointed! It was absolutely fantastic! The lobby was clean, the clerk attentive and polite, and check in was quick. We got to the room and it was beautfiul! It was updated, quiet and the bed was perfect (not too hard, not too soft). I am huge on the cleanliness and smell of a hotel and I had absolutely no complaints. Everything was perfect. Also, we liked that the hotel wasn't right in the middle of all the Cedar Point traffic. Although it is on a main street, it is not crowded by all the park families and noise. I think the fact that the hotel is a little bit pricier (but well worth it) keeps some of the larger familis away and it cuts down on the noise. We were definitely able to relax and unwind! My husband and I almost decided to stay another night, but we had to get back to work :o( Honestly, we will definitely stay here again and we will recommend this hotel to others.

2  Thank kristen820
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed there in October of 2011 for a Saturday and Sunday night to attend Cedar Point Amusement Park that Sunday.

Conclusion: A nice place; I would stay there again. It's just a little nicer than a Hilton Garden Plaza Inn.

Details follow.

Location: Easy to get to. Easy driving to the park. Doesn't look like a bad area of town. Comfort Inn with a dance club next door one way, and Manny's bar next door (almost) the other way, which has good bar food; nice place.

Lobby and Common Areas: Well appointed decorations, nice tile work, new carpets, large lobby, decent breakfast (included). Decent = coffee, milk, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, waffle maker, biscuits and grave, etc. The pool in the basement was supposed to be a large hot tub, but really it was a little cool and only one jet worked.

Room: Perfect. Marble bathroom, fancy pillows, triple sheeting. Fridge, microwave, etc.

Service: Front desk staff were great. No maid service the first day, but before checking out that morning the maid knocked three times. Hmmm...

Reservation ease: The website put me in an infinite loop of typing in my information again and again saying the rates had changed. I had to call. And yes, they had changed.... for one of the days, they went up by $40 from the offered price, when I don't know. Apparently the best western website is not well integrated with the hotel's own system. I understand, but it does smack a bit of "bait and switch". I think we got the last hotel room in Sandusky that wasn't a dive.

As far as I can determine, the resorts in Sandusky are very nice, but if you want a normal hotel that's a little nicer and quieter than average, this hotel is the only game in town.

Room Tip: If the mega-sites say it's booked up, I suggest going to http://www.bestwestern.com/ or calling...