We have been visiting this park for several years and this is one of our favorite places to bring the RV. Concrete pads that are usually level. We have satellite, but here you can hook up to cable as well ! (Of course you don't watch any tv with the amusement park next door) Walking distance to the park, and early entry. Far less expensive than staying at one of the hotels on the property (but more $ than most RV parks) Clean and well maintained. The pool in the campground is a great way to escape from the crowds during the middle of the day. Over the winter of 2014 Cedar Fair invested $ in a new and bigger camp store (with walk in cooler) and the reception area is larger so you won't have to stand outside in the rain waiting to check in ! I was not pleased to see that all of the old, electric only, sites were replaced with cabins. Fewer places for the RV !!!! Eat at the restaurants that are on the property but OUTSIDE the park, unless you don't care about money. We like Famous Dave's.
The shuttle service is usually good, but sometimes a very long wait for that morning pick up when you are trying to take advantage of early entry and ride the Millenium. Wonder if a scheduled shuttle route might help, at least during the hour before opening ? If Cedar Fair really wants to make campers happy - open up a park entrance near the overflow RV parking area (next to check in) that would take you into the park near Frontier Town !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lighthouse Point - featuring an RV campground with full hook-up sites, standard cabins and cottages and Deluxe Cabins that accommodate up to 10 guests. If you’re looking for accommodations with a summer-cottage feel, you'll be right at home. A cozy waterfront community of 64 cottages and 92 cabins, Lighthouse Point is located close to the fun, on the west bank of the Cedar Point Peninsula. Just look for the historic 1882 Cedar Point Lighthouse, and you’ve found us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Point Hotel Sandusky
- Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point Sandusky, Ohio