This was our fourth stay at the Sandusky Kalahari and we just can't say enough about it. We are in Maryland and it takes us six hours to get there, but well worth the drive. We have stayed one night, two nights and then the last two times we have stayed three nights. We have found that three nights is perfect for us. We arrived on Monday and left on Thursday this time. We find the crowds are lower Tuesday through Friday, especially at the beginning of June, when we normally go. The last two times we have stayed in an African Queen Suite on the first floor. These rooms are located in the wing closest to the waterpark, so it's easy to get around.
We have a fourteen year old daughter and she brings her friend along. This time we felt very comfortable in letting them go on their way and to meet up with them eventually. The girls feel safe and we are happy to have alone adult time. The girls knew where to find us...the adult swim-up pool bar/hot tub! We spent four hours in there on Monday afternoon alone. It is relaxing and nice. My only complaint would be that there isn't any shade back there. But, otherwise, it is the best place in the park. We bought one of the refillable cups for alcohol the last time we were there, two years ago, and when you buy it, you can keep bringing it back, so we carted it back with us from MD and used it many times on this trip.
Our girls love the ziplines outside and we were so happy those passes were added to the "Create Your Own Adventure" package, which saved us $50.
I can't say enough about the room, it is perfect. It's like getting two regular rooms so that my husband and I could have privacy in our room with a private bathroom and then the girls had their own room and a bathroom and TV to themselves, too.
The only other thing I would like to see is a "royalty" or "frequent visitor" program. This is our fourth visit and we are anxious for the Poconos, PA location to open in two years, so it would be nice if we got an extra discount or extra amenities.
Otherwise, we absolutely LOVE Kalahari!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio