“Great conference food/service”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Peoria, Illinois
“Great conference food/service”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were at the Kalahari recently for a 3-day conference. There were about 500 of us, and the staff did a fantastic job of serving very good food to all of the attendees in a very timely manner. In addition, I have a food allergy and the chef and staff had alternate dishes prepared and ready for each of the conference meals - outstanding!

The rooms were very clean. However, one of the beds in our room was quite lumpy. In addition, since the Kalahari is also a water park serving families....kids running and screaming in hallways were a common occurence when we were trying to sleep. Again, the staff seemed to do a good job here, as a fellow conference attendee told us he called the front desk to complain - and the security staff addressed the problem quickly.

Thanks again to the Kalahari chef and to the staff for the great service!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We can't thank you enough for coming to visit us and taking a moment to review our resort. I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to attend your conference here and enjoy your time! Thank you for the feedback on the excited kids, I will be sure to share with our security team. Likewise, when you return, please don't hesitate to let us know of your lumpy bed. We are more than happy to correct this for you. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 15 November 2013

500 people stayed at the Kalahari resort in Sandusky, OH Nov. 7-9, 2013 and attended a conference at their conference center. The service was outstanding, the food incredible and the facility top class. We will definitely consider Kalahari for a future conference!

Room Tip: Go for the Lodge room instead of the Hut - full kitchen and a separate bedroom are well worth it if...
Saugatuck, Michigan
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed and played while my husband went to a conference. The water park is a lot of fun. The kids love it.
Erdis, was very helpful with towels for the pool.
My husband even got into the fun by throwing himself into the flowrider. Not to be missed.
They are doing some construction right now, but not bothering us.
They have baby tigers go the kids to see and The biggest arcade I've seen in long time. I hat spending money on arcades. But my daughter walked through an found 120 coins sitting in th bottom of a machine. We played for an hour and ha so much fun. They have mini bowling area that was fun too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lucky observant girl! That's so great you found those. Sounds like a blast! I'm thrilled to hear that your family was able to mix business with pleasure and have a blast! It was beyond our pleasure to have everyone. Thank you so much for sharing. See you soon!
Highland, Michigan
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My family has been to Kalahari a few times and always have had a great time, there are things for the little kids all the way up to the adults so everyone has something to do.Plus there re lifeguards all around so you don't have to worry if you can't see your child for a minute. The only thing I wish Kalahari did was have deals for Larger familys (my family has more than 4 in it) so we always end up paying double, and a Friday deal would be nice Kalahari don't do deals on Friday from our understanding. But really no complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Almont, Michigan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We must have been to the resort before Brittany. We also had the same issue with one of the life guards on the big swirl slide. He dumped water on myself and my daughter from a water bottle while we were waiting for our raft. I asked why and he said it doesn't matter your gonna get wet anyway. Again didn't think of the health issues. We usually go to the resort every year as tradition for the holidays and between the water park issue and this issue with our package. We booked the package with breakfast and the dinner certificate and when we went to use the dinner certificate the restaurant was closed. I went to the front desk and explained my issue and the girl went to check on what she could do. She comes back and says "we can give you a pizza" I explained that are package came with pizza also which we are for lunch. I explained that we didn't want pizza 2 times in the same day. She again went away and gave us a voucher for the snack bar downstairs. So great we go from food to a snack bar. Why sell a package and then the restaurant be closed. Makes no sense to me.. But who am I, just the customer... It. Really makes us think if we will go back anymore after 6 years. It just seams they service is not as good as it was. We spent over 600.00 for 2 days and really. Didn't see the value like we had before. And the lifeguards are getting very immature.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rj787
Thank you for reaching out to us! I want t to ensure you that we have internally dealt with the guard you have encountered. Thank you for letting us know. I am sorry that this started off your negative experience. I would love the opportunity to look further into your other concerns. Can you please email me your contact info at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. As loyal guests, I would never want you to leave thinking that customer service has declined. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you for your time. Take care.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We went there to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. It was our fourth time being there. As always, we had a great time. The people are so polite & it is such a blast there!! A must go to at least once in your life.

• Stayed November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family and I had an awesome time. The service was beyond excellent. hours after we checked out and our room was cleaned my wife remembered that my 2 year old daughter left her "snoopy" blanket in your room in one of the beds. When she went to the front desk to ask about it they promptly called the laundry service, they told her they found it, cleaned it and could have it up to the desk in a few minutes.
The water park was amazing my 2 year old loved the Kid's Safari area. My 7 year old loved it too, but her fav was the wave pool and the family outdoor hot tub.
Everything was great and we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Bring food and drinks in your room, there are a fridge and Microwave in all rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott k
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Best Part of the review, Snoopy blanket got returned. I'm thrilled. I have a little one and I know the outcome if we lost her blanket. I'm so thrilled that you made some memories with us. Thank you for taking a moment to share you thoughts! We can't wait to see you again soon! Take care!