“Perfect family weekend trip!”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband, daughter and I joined two couples and their kids at Kalahari for two days/one night. It was the first time I had been there not for work meetings. I was very taken by how wonderful ALL of the staff was. Everyone was friendly, helpful and kind to the kids. We had a great weekend, a few nice meals (great wine list by the way) and we ladies even enjoyed a massage too! We're very much looking forward to taking the kids back again! I couldn't get over how great Kalahari was no matter what you were looking for: kids trip is obvious, couples time, ladies night, whatever!

Room Tip: Loved sharing connecting rooms with our friends including a kitchen, dining room table and couch!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

We certainly can't thank you enough for taking the time to review us and visit us! It was our pleasure to have you and I am just thrilled to read your review. I will be sure to share with our team. We can't wait to see you again soon! Take care and until next time...

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our first time experiencing Kalahari and we can not wait to go back!!! There is literally something to do for everyone. The entire staff went way above and beyond and the cleanliness was great. You truly never have to leave the resort. I would highly recommend trying it in the summer for both the indoor and outdoor water parks and Saturday was horribly busy. We can not wait to go back. Worth every penny!! The adult swim up bar and hot tub was amazing and the specialty drinks are to die for!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are convenient for the water park!
1  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a a good resort for couple of days of fun. The hotel, the water park and all facilities were clean and employees were nice and helpful starting from bell man, check in, check out, cleaning etc. We enjoyed the water park for couple of days, arcades, mini golf and mini bowling and all play areas with our 5 year old.

Few negatives:
-one lifeguard was not letting our child to go on the slides with water goggles on. I went to talk with the manager and I was told that there is no policy of Kalahari to prohibit goggles ....Go figure! - some water park rides and kids basketball pool were closed both days..:-(
- Food in the water park is as always expected in places like this; overpriced, bad quality and unhealthy.
- Buffet restaurant was closed on Sunday night (open based on occupancy?? when the other restaurant had a waiting time about 1hr!!) Therfore with a tired 5 year old we waited to be seated and it was about 9 PM when we got a table at the Reserve. Ordered the drinks and food and then more waiting, and more waiting....Our drinks came after 45 minutes and one was wrong! Food came in at 10:00PM and mini hamburgers for child were burned and dry. Our meats were overcooked also. Conclusion - avoid eating at The Reserve restaurant. We should have drove to Sandusky and pick any restaurant for a better dinner experience.

Buffet restaurant for breakfeast was a totally different story. Good selection, good and fresh items. No disapointment at the breakfast buffet.
Will we go there again? Yes, but definetely will eat lunch somewhere else and also dinner if buffet is not opened again!

Room Tip: We had a great room with fireplace, balcony, comfy beds, clean bathroom in the 42xx area.
1  Thank Pisu
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

We very much appreciate you taking the time to not only visit us but also to share your experience too. While I'm glad to hear that everyone had a blast, I am sorry to hear about the couple negatives. One suggestion for Waterpark dining is Cafe Mirage. We just renovated that right outside the waterpark to include healthy options as well. I apologize for your experience at The Reserve. I would love the opportunity to connect you with our Food & Beverage Director on this. That would certainly be our pleasure. Please email me your contact info at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com and I can connect you. We hope to see you back again soon! It would most certainly be our pleasure! Thank you and take care!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We spent 4 nights at this resort for the American Wine Society National Conference. The staff was excellent. The conference meals were very good, but, generally way too much food for the average person. Desserts were the best I have ever had at a conference.

This place is huge! Think Las Vegas resort size. On the weekends, there are thousands of kids with their families at the water park. Fortunately, the Conference Center is about a half mile from the Water Park.

My only gripe was that there were no king beds available. Other than that, I'd rate it the best conference facility that I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the Water Park (unless you are there with your kids).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tcobett

We so very much appreciate the feedback and having you as our guest for the American Wine Society Conference. Was most certainly our pleasure to have you! Our room styles, The King Lodge Suite and the Whirlpool Suite both have King Beds in them. Hopefully that will help for next time as we would certainly love to have you as our guest again soon! Take care and we await that day.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a wonderful time! For the price our room was amazing and the staff so helpful and so pleasant! My family had a blast in the water park as there is a ton for all ages to do! We got a package with free buffet breakfast (which was amazing) and we had the buffet for dinner one night, again amazing food! We also ate in The Reserve and it was great! Had a fun DJ really focused on our kids and it was awesome! Everyone went out of their way, it was very clean had a fun arcade and tons of things to offer! We will defiantly return!

Room Tip: With a family of 5 I recommend the 2 room suite! Comfy wonderful stay
1  Thank VacaLover1026
Reviewed 17 November 2013

All the staff at Kalahari were very friendly and went out of their way to make this a pleasant stay for me. Everyone was so friendly and kind. Always smiling and saying "hello" in the hallways when you passed by them.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie Jo C

We loved having you as our guest. I just wanted to be sure to send you a quick note thanking your for taking the time to review our resort. Looking forward to seeing you in the future. Take care!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I attended the American Wine Society annual Conference at Kalahari and could not have been more pleased. The food was great. The rooms were very nice. The staff provided excellent service and I was particularly impressed with their friendliness. While I did not make use of the water park, it appeared to be first rate. I definitely recommend Kalahari as a destination that will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends