“Excellent convention / holiday party”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Sandusky, Ohio
“Excellent convention / holiday party”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was there for a Holiday Party with my company this weekend. The atmosphere was amazing and the staff was very nice and helpful. Everything was impeccably clean. The dinner was great - hot food on a hot plate! My compliments to the chef- especially the Pastry Chef as dessert couldn't have been better. They even turned on a crucial football game so everyone could stay at the party.... Above and BEYOND!!! I got to talk to a few of the managers - Nikki and Bonnie, they were delightful! I didn't get to stay in the rooms, but everyone I talked to said their room was beautiful. I recommend it for your next event. Very classy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Sounds like such a wonderful evening! Thank you so much for sharing as our team will just love to read this! We certainly strive to deliver beyond expectations, so I'm thrilled to hear you noticed that! Can't wait to see you again! Thank you so much for your time and see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (848)
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Kalahari is the absolute best time a family could have. The waterpark is meticulously clean and well maintained,as are the rooms. What sets this resort apart from the others is the staff. Every member is friendly and courteous. Never have I been so thoroughly impressed with the customer service as I was during my last stay. I will look forward to visiting this resort in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very impressed with the waterpark and amenities. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly, especially Erdis. He let us look at a suite. Suite was beautiful and roomy. Think will book that next time.

• Stayed December 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coorinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Erdis is wonderful! We are very lucky to have him! Thank you for taking the time to share. We love the feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!
Redford, Michigan
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my 4 th time going here and every time we go everyone is always really nice! The hotel is really clean including our room. The waterpark is always clean too and it was nice that it wasn't too busy so we didn't have to wait too long in line. Next time we go we'll probably rent a cabana so we can all relax and be able to stay longer at the waterpark. Thank You so much for making our stay a pleasant one again! Have a Blessed day!

Room Tip: The room that we had last year on the first floor close to the waterpark was nice not too far to wal...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We visit the Kalahari every year.....amazing experience every time.....worth every penny! Rented a cabana for the Ohio state Michigan game....Go bucks! Waitresses awesome.....restaurant staff made my daughter feel special on her birthday.....African suite

• Stayed November 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I wanted to be sure to send you a quick note, thanking you for such a wonderful review! It is very much our pleasure to have you and we can't thank you enough! Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

After a great day at the water park settled in to our room watching a movie my husband turns to me and says there's a bug crawling on your pillow I freaked out and took it in the bathroom to inspect yes it is a BEDBUG!!! After calling front desk they acted like they didn't care and said well bed bugs r everywhere! We inspected everything and immediately left. I will never return to this hotel establishment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ZOD33
We take concerns of this nature very seriously. Our team is fully trained in identifying and preventing the spread of Bed Bugs. On a very rare occasion, a guest can bring bed bugs in, it does not have to do with the cleanliness of the resort. If this happens, at that moment, our trained housekeeping team will identify and correct the issue. We have strict procedures we implement to ensure the situation is corrected. We also bring a state licensed professional and company to heat the room to ensure that the room is treated and properly corrected. As you would suspect, during this several day process, this area is completely closed off. Please make no mistake, our team is fully prepared and trained to address this concern. I'm sorry you feel as if we didn't care. Please know we take every precaution to ensure there is never any concern. I am happy to put you in touch with our Housekeeping Director. Please feel free to email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am more than happy to help! Take care.
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After reading some reviews I was concerned about bed bugs in our room. Upon checking in I had called ahead and made a request for a bed bug inspection, from the front desk to those who did the inspection I was very impressed. The inspection was done very well and nothing was left unchecked. I was never made to feel this extra request was a nuisance. Excellent. (and no bugs!)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
We can't thank you enough for coming to visit us. So very glad to hear that we could accommodate you. I hope that not only did you find you room acceptable you had a blast too! It was most certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for taking a moment to review us and sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.