This was our first time at Kalahari. We booked a morning "junior zoo keeper" package. Amazingly, our room was ready at 9 AM. It was really swell to check in that early. The resort is large and be prepared to walk a lot.
Our Hut room was decent, clean and comfortable. However, you do not go to Kalahari to spend much time in your room.
The Safari zoo is a lot of fun for a small zoo. Our son thoroughly enjoyed the junior zoo keeper program. He go to hold a baby kangaroo among other things. This was a fun 2 hours.
The water park is huge. Our son was intimidated by the big slides but enjoyed the wave pool and junior slides. During our stay, a 1 day cabana rental was more expensive than our entire package. That was really the only downside.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is expensive but of good quality. We all liked the bakeshop.
We cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio