“Best Water Park!”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed for one night April 25 with four teenagers; everyone had a great time! The waterpark was awesome. Hope to come back in the summer to enjoy the outside amenities. Room was ready when we arrived at 2pm, very clean and spacious. Everyone very nice. Kids loved the slides, wave pool, arcade. Ordered room service pizza, pretty good but a little pricey, which was expected. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review & for choosing Kalahari Resorts! I'm glad that all four teenagers & you had a great time! Having a variety of attractions in the waterpark & arcade can keep teenagers busy for hours. I'm so happy that you found everything from your room to the food to be enjoyable. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,762)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is awesome my girlfriend's always go their now I went with my family on spring break it was the best water park/hotel I have ever been at you could have just as much fun at this water park so go today now pack your bags because every second is awesomeness

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Samantha! I'm just thrilled to know that you had such an awesome time with us during your Spring Break! We appreciate you telling everyone & taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived to Kalahari around noon and we were greeted by Michael who was manning cars pulling up to Kalahari he was super nice and told us where we could temporarily park. He told us he would send a bellhop down to us and help up with our luggage. Quickly the bellhop Craig came down to help us and he was also very pleasant and very informative he made excellent communication and interacted with us while unloading our two cars. Craig took us inside and explained to us where we needed to go to check-in and told us he would wait down below with our belongings. We were unable to check into our rooms which we were prepared for, Craig quickly offered to store our luggage and even took our phone numbers so he could call us when our rooms were ready. (We were really impressed by this) A couple hours later Craig calls and told us our rooms were ready we were so impressed that he actually cared and followed through with his kind gesture.
Our stay was such a great time everything was top notch from Michael & Craig including our drinks at the swim up bar, to our dinner's at the Reserve. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I truly appreciate you passing on the the service compliments about Michael & Craig. I am thrilled that their level of service made such an impression on you! I'm also glad that you found everything from our staff to restaurants to be top notch. I hope that we have the opportunity & pleasure of having you as our guest again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our first visit to kalahari and we really enjoyed ourselves the was staff was also very friendly will definitely visit again the changing rooms/restrooms were clean food was excellent the game room was fun the kids enjoyed that area and mini glow in the dark golfing was fun as well would love to comeback in the summer to enjoy the outdoor park hopefully soon

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for deciding to give Kalahari a try! I'm happy that your children enjoyed the Big Game Room & the Mini Glow Golf. The outdoor waterpark & Safari Outdoor Adventure Park opens Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. The Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, includes 60' high zip lines, 3 level ropes course, two 32' high climbing walls, plus an animal park! I hope you'll be able to visit us again & give it a try!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have been to the Kalahari in the past and love coming here. It is great for all ages. If you can stay in one of the rooms with a kitchen they are great. When they first opened we stayed in a these suites a couple times. They have raised the price on these now to a crazy amount that is just unacceptable. This time we stayed in a Desert room I believe. It had 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. The waterpark is awesome. The food prices are pretty reasonable. We are going to go back in the summer as we have not done this and the outside pool area looks pretty fun as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lovesvacationingx5
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello! Thank you for reviewing Kalahari & for choosing us time & time again for your family getaway! Combination Suites are very popular with our guests as they can easily accommodate up to 8 people. I'm so happy that everyone had an awesome time in the waterpark & that you enjoyed our dining options. We can't wait to have you back in the summer, there is so much to do in the outdoor waterpark & the Safari Outdoor Adventure Park is also a great add on it includes the zoo, zip lines, ropes course & a climbing wall! See you soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I was so disappointed in my stay I am having a hard time finding the words to express it. I have stayed at the wisconson location 2 times and it was amazing . Being from Western ny your this location is much closer so I was excited to stay. What a complete disappointment! !! The room smelled was dirty and the furniture was falling apart and our view was of a metal building. The food was horrible over priced and almost institutional !! They water park was dirty and so over crowded there was no where to sit. I can't believe your are the same resort as Wisconsin. Completely different !! It's really a shame your location is much closer for us but so disappointing !!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ellen W

Thank you Ellen for taking your time to share your thoughts, while I am sorry to hear that not everything was positive, I do appreciate hearing your feedback. Infact, I have already shared your review with our management team & they would appreciate being able to speak with you directly. If you would kindly email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com I will pass your information onto them.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was our first time at Kalahari. We booked a morning "junior zoo keeper" package. Amazingly, our room was ready at 9 AM. It was really swell to check in that early. The resort is large and be prepared to walk a lot.
Our Hut room was decent, clean and comfortable. However, you do not go to Kalahari to spend much time in your room.
The Safari zoo is a lot of fun for a small zoo. Our son thoroughly enjoyed the junior zoo keeper program. He go to hold a baby kangaroo among other things. This was a fun 2 hours.
The water park is huge. Our son was intimidated by the big slides but enjoyed the wave pool and junior slides. During our stay, a 1 day cabana rental was more expensive than our entire package. That was really the only downside.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is expensive but of good quality. We all liked the bakeshop.
We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Building 6 is a long walk from the water park.