Conference center was very nice. Clean. Large rooms. Plenty of parking. My complaint? They don't allow you to bring any food or beverage into the center. They say they provide water. They do, well sort of. They put pitchers of water and glasses on the tables. The problem is they don't put out fresh glasses during the day. So if you don't mind drinking out of someone else's dirty glass you'll be fine. By mid afternoon most of the pitchers were empty anyway. It's a water park. The only place to buy a bottle of water was at the other end of the hotel. By the time you got back to the conference center you were thirsty again. Ridiculous.
Also, all the restaurants are located at the farthest end of the hotel away from the conference center. It was much closer to walk to our car and drive to a restaurant which is what we did after one lunch at a Kalahari restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio