“mini vacation”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just spent the night at Kalahari in Sandusky Ohio the room was nice, clean, and very large. The room was 120 a night but included water-park passes for 4 people, I felt like this was a pretty good deal. The water-park was huge and it was not crowded at all. We were able to ride the rides multiple times without waiting in line. My only complaint is that my daughter's flip flops were stolen so be aware of that and use the lockers if you have something of value you don't want to taken.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I am pleased to hear that the room was large enough for you all. Nothing ruins a vacation like a cramped hotel room. It's so cool that you didn't have to wait in any lines for the Waterpark. I am saddened to hear about your flip-flops being stolen. Even though that is not a regular occurrence, we do offer lockers so that guests can make sure their personal items are 100% safe. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see ya back again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have been to this resort twice now and am definitely going back. I went to splash lagoon a month ago and kalahari is way better. room was nice and I thought everything was reasonably priced. if your kids love water like mine they wont want to leave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am thrilled to hear about your kids love for Kalahari. We love to create family fun, and with all our amenities and services, you never have to leave! Take care and we'll see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Kalahari is a very fun and clean water park. My family and i enjoy ourselves every visit. I highly recommend this property. The food at The Reserve restaurant was very tasty and the candy shop has a lot of good treats to choose from.

Room Tip: The Nomad room was awesome. Very spacious and romantic with fireplace.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves while visiting our Resort. It sounds like you had a great time in the Waterpark. The Reserve is one of my favorite restaurants to visit here at the Resort. I hope you were able to pick up some delicious treats to take home at the Candy Hut. Thanks again and we'll see you next time.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We only live a little over an hour away, and have stayed here at least 4 times. I think we are lucky to have such an awesome resort so close! It is a very nice resort and but of course expensive. We only visit through promotional offers. Sign up for their e-mail list to get in on these great promotions, that make it well worth the visit. I think the have have something to offer everyone. We have small children so spend most of our time in the kiddie pools. There are other water parks in the area, this one is definitely the biggest and the best. This past stay included a food credit and tickets to their animal park. We visited The Reserve restaurant for the first time this past stay. It was pretty nice and fairly reasonable. Food inside the water park is high, but I guess that is to be expected. All staff we encountered were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Living so close, I am so glad that you continue to stay at Kalahari Resort. Besides the promo deals from emails that you receive, check out our different Social Media platforms weekly for unique specials as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I recently attended a conference at Kalahari Resort & Convention Center in Sandusky. What a great conference site! Everything you need, and more, is right there. Every staff member I encountered said hello and asked what they could do to help me….they understand customer service. Angie the bartender at "Ivory Coast" is the BEST!
There are amenities for adults and kids alike. If you're not into the water park, there's an animal park and more. I didn't have time during this visit to explore the entire resort, but I'm looking forward to my next visit when my family will go along.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It's so great that your conference was held at Kalahari Resort so you were able to experience the African theme and ambiance that surrounds the Resort and Convention Center. I hope you were able to give the Waterpark a try. The Ivory Coast Lounge is a great place to relax with a drink after a day of hard work. We look forward to seeing you back in the future when your family is able to come along!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Kids liked great wolf lodge better. We liked Kalahari for it's value. Cheaper than great wolf lodge. More rides. Kalahari has some good dry activities for reasonable price e. G., mini golf, crafts, some free activities also. In GWL, nothing is free.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dina71

Thank you for giving Kalahari Resort a try. We pride ourselves in providing a great value to guests so that everyone is able to have fun and enjoy our Waterparks and amenities. I am sorry that we are not yet your kids favorite Resort in the area, but we hope to make it to that standing in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We go to Kalahari every year and our group gets bigger, this year we stayed at the entertainment villas- What a wonderful experience. The villa was huge beautifully decorated with all the amenities that anyone could ever hope for. The 6 person jacuzzi the pool table , the volleyball court the nine huge flat screens, the sound system, the fully stocked kitchen, floor to ceiling fireplace, and even a washer and dryer. No one wanted to leave there. It slept all 20 of us very comfortable. It was quiet and private and the shuttle service was wonderful back to Kalahari. We can't wait to go back and stay in the luxurious villas again. It was beyond our expectations

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan M

Wow, it sounds like your group enjoyed every part of your Kalahari Getaway! The Entertainment Villas are a fun and comfortable way to get large groups to enjoy the Resort as well as enjoying the amenities of your own private Villa. I hope you were able to spend some time at the Waterpark during your visit. Take care and we hope to see you all back soon!