Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$101
ComfortInn
US$78
La Quinta Inn Sandusky near Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$159
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
US$238
3,917 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoohut roomzip linefull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteoutdoor parkvillage suiteivory coastpizzaswim up bar
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family visit July 2013. We had a great time, everyone slept like babies, had lots of fun. Our rooms were clean. When we checked in there was no waiting. The ages varied and it didn't matter. When we went to the Spa it was so relaxing. In the end it was all about the good ole ice cream with the waffle cones, Oh how delicious! We loved it.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs. If you looking to cook reserve with a kitchen like the lodge(4). If you want a balcony and no kitchen reserve the Nomad. A bigger family, Combo, Villa, etc in the main building. Also on Tuesday's they have discount rooms and also during weekdays.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello Debra. Wow. It sounds like you really enjoyed your getaway with us! I am thrilled to hear that everyone had a great night sleep and a fabulous time in the Spa. I hope you were all able to spend some time within our Waterparks or even our Safari Outdoor Adventure Park. The waffle cones at Candy Hut are delicious after a long day. Great choice! Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to having you back again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

For our granddaughter's (Ella) birthday, we splurged and took her to the resort. Staff is very friendly and efficient. She was so excited when we got there. The place is huge! Check in was quick and efficient.

The room had plenty of towels; frig is decent size and kept food very cold; microwave and coffee pot. An extra packet of coffee would have been nice. The only unnerving concern about the room is that it has a safari theme that included a huge (5'x4') picture of a gorilla on the wall overlooking her bed. We had to drape a towel over it; I couldn't even look at it. Any other animal would have been fine--this one was very scary. Also, the pillows on the bed were very small and lumpy. I wished I would have brought my own pillows. Other than that, the room was fine.

The park offers everything that a 9-year old "fish" loves. The huge bucket that dumps water and the slides were her favorite. The indoor part was open until 10 p.m. which was great.

We had breakfast at the buffet, which was convenient,expensive, and not worth the money--but we didn't have to leave the "fun" for long. The only positive about the buffet--Jason, our waiter, made a big deal about the "birthday girl." After looking over the restaurant menus, we opted to go out for dinner--food is very expensive at the park--$10/hamburger; $6/hot dog; $25/20'inch pizza--toppings $3/each. Restaurants are not far from the resort.
Wi-fi is free--with the $15/resort fee.

One huge negative--when I mentioned at the front desk that it was her birthday, Ella got a birthday button and a coupon for a free snow cone. I thought that was a rather poor gesture--spending over $300/day--a free ice cream cone, cookie, or cupcake would have been better--but Ella loves snow cones so it was OK with her. Joke was on us--you had to buy an entree to get a free cup of crushed ice with artificial flavor poured on top!! What a rip off!

Not sure if we'll go back--but it was a fun time.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator--the pool is on the first floor; check in is on the second floor; steps make easy access to both.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Trece. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our Resort and that Ella had a great birthday. It's so nice to hear when guests go together with their family an everyone has an enjoyable experience at the waterpark. In the Kids Safari, that big bucket that dumps water over your head is one of my little sister's favorite attractions to stand under as well. Although the room had plenty of towels for you, I apologize about the Gorilla picture. We appreciate the feedback. All in all, it sounds like your granddaughter had a great birthday with us. Take care and we hope to see you all back again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We are here currently. This is our second night. It's 12:30 and I'm awake and not by choice. We have a room on the first floor right next to the arcade and it is so loud. After 10 pm it is suppose to be quite time. You would think they could have a staff member down here to monitor but they dont. I have called guest services 3 times! I only heard someone come down once for maybe 10 minutes and then they left. For what they charge to stay here I should be able to get a good nights rest. Who enjoys their vacation when they only get a couple of hours of sleep then need to play all day with their kids?! Not me! I would have rather stayed at a hotel down the street from home which has a pool and would have paid less than half what this place charges.

• Stayed: July 2014

I'm sorry to hear you are wide awake! I apologize I didn't get this sooner with the slight delay TripAdvisor has. I do hope that you did in fact have a wonderful time the following day. We do have a full time security team. I will be sure to address this with them. In the meantime, I would love to connect you with our management team directly on this. We pride ourselves on delivering beyond expectations throughout your whole trip and that includes while you sleep! Please email me your contact info to SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Take care!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice family getaway with something for most - especially if you can get a package/discount deal. This place is HUGE! We arrived on a late Friday afternoon not realizing there actually two entrances/check-in areas for the resort - and there was quite a line for check-in. The person at desk was helpful and friendly though and the fact that there are two check in areas was helpful. Room was average and generally clean. We headed to pool right away and this is the perfect time to go on the more popular slides as its not as croweded. The swim up adult bar and hot tub are also very nice and great to have option to outdoor hottub too. The arcade an mini golf were soooo busy late at night. The pool area was very busy saturday - as expected but we still were able to enjoy the rides.Nice to have mini-fridge and microwave in room. We were trying to be thrifty so brought goodies/snacks with us. We did not eat on site - rather went to local eateries about 2 miles down road where very food choice is available. This was a nice chance of pace from hotel and the crazy busyness of all the people. Most of the outdoor stuff was closed due to weather but all in-all fun place to visit for winter getaway. Was surprised how many senior citizens, young adult couples were visiting in addition to the families.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fasimsick
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for giving Kalahari Resorts a visit. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the waterparks, especially the swim-up bar. The arcade and mini-golf are definitely my favorite places to hang out after dinner. We pride ourselves in being able to offer everything under 1 roof. Between our dining options, our waterparks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, the spa, shopping, activity, and convention center, you never have to leave the resort! Again, thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Room # 1204 beware. When we checked in to our room, we noticed a mothball smell. No big deal, thought it would ease up with the a/c running. However, after returning to the room after being outdoors all day, the smell was much worse. It was late and didn't want to complain, besides, husband and son were already asleep. I looked for the source of the smell with no luck. Tried to go to sleep but then I realized that the smell was coming from the bed! Not the sheets or pillow but the mattress itself. Every time the sheets were moved, the smell would get stronger. It seemed like the mattress had been fumigated. Had a very strong chemical smell. My only guess is that maybe there were bedbugs and the mattress had been treated? Whatever it was, it really was disgusting. We had to leave very early the next day and were not able to speak to a manager. Sent an e-mail when I got home but no one has responded. We were there just one day and the rest of the park was fine. But this experience will make me think twice before heading there next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

While I'm glad to hear you had a great time throughout the resort, I am sorry to hear about your mattress! I am sending someone to Room 1204 now to investigate. Likewise, I will have someone connect with you ASAP in regards to your email. Please don't hesitate to give us another try. If this ever occurs again, we are more than happy to help correct the problem, even if it means getting a new room or mattress. We just need to know and we will make it so. Again, we appreciate your time, feedback and visiting us. We can't wait to see you again soon!