“Great place for a mini vacation ”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
“Great place for a mini vacation ”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here about a half dozen times. The rooms are spacious and the water park is a lot of fun. We always take advantage of one of the many specials that they run. We've tried the on site restaurants and the food was quite good. There are several restaurants including fast food in the area also. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike M
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Mike. Thank you for staying with us and all of the kind words. I am glad your experience is always very good and you are able to take advantage of specials and deals from our website. I'm also happy to hear that you love all of the dining options that we offer within the Resort. Take care and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very impressed with the size of rooms. quality of food and resort! The prices for food was a bit to pricey! The place is giant so be prepared to walk a lot. My biggest con was I just came back from taking my 7 grandchildren and booked 2 rooms where we were so far apart from each other that it made our stay quite complicated. One room was near the sands 2nd floor the other 4th floor near the main entrance, very difficult! PROS: The cleanest place I have ever stayed and I have traveled often. The food was pricey but EXCELLANT quality, very impressed. There is so much to do and see that I cannot wait to go back! Not putting my rooms together is what would prevent my return!

Room Tip: Rooms that check in at the main entrance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Sue. Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every part of our resort, from the waterpark to the staff, to the service you received. I am sorry to hear about the rooms situation. Usually we are able to fulfill requests for rooms to be located together if they are reserved together. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you back again soon!
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been going to Kalahari for a few years now and always have an awesome experience. The staff at the resort are very professional and friendly. They go above and beyond expectations. The indoor and outdoor park are both very clean and appropriate for all ages to have fun! Our suite was very clean and very nice. I highly recommend Kalahari Resort. I have been there for both business and pleasure and all my experiences have been fantastic!

1 Thank Lesley H
Hi Lesley. Thank you for visiting and thank you for filling out a great review. I am happy to hear you have been coming here for a few years now, experiencing both business and pleasure on your trips. I hope you were able to take full advantage of the waterparks during your trips. There's always something new to discover. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Wintersville, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Kalahari is a perfect vacation for anyone and, as a bonus, is extremely affordable! While the room prices seem higher than other hotels, each person in the room receives unlimited access to the indoor and outdoor water parks, making it an exceptional deal. There is so much to do and you never have to get back into your car! Perfect for families with children as well as a group of adults. While you have the option to bring in your own food, the resort offers many dining options that are wonderful. The staff is exceptionally accommodating. I highly recommend Kalahari to anyone looking for a great vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close as possible to the water park. The walk from further rooms can be a bit long...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Monica. Thank you for all of the kind words. I am thrilled you enjoyed your trip to Kalahari and were able to experience both the Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks. We pride ourselves in keeping everything at our Resort under 1 roof so that there is no need to hassle with leaving during your getaway! I am so glad our staff was nice and friendly for you, as they should be with every guest. Take care and we hope to see you back again soon!
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have been coming to Kalahari as a yearly tradition and our past trip could not be topped. We had a deal for two nights in a suite with the outdoor adventure park included. We had the best time. It was the first time that we ever used the outdoor park and it was amazing. All of my kids loved it and even I tried the zip line. It was a great adventure for our family and created a lot of great memories. The staff was amazing. Su the manager from guest services went out of her way to make sure our trip was memorable. Everyone in the outdoor adventure park was amazing. A gentleman who was working on the rock wall really tried to help my middle son reach the top of the hardest wall. He gave him as many turns as he wanted and offered many words of encouragement. He could see how determined my son was. Many thanks to the staff of Kalahari for everything you did to make our trip amazing. See you next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Renee. It was so wonderful to read such an inspiring review. We are so thankful for your family's loyalty with Kalahari Resort and can only hope that families like yours are creating wonderful memories within our Resort. Besides the Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, I hope you were able to spend some time at the Indoor Waterpark as well. Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon!
Follansbee, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite. It was very nice and had plenty of room for all 13 of us! The water park is very nice. Lots of rides for ALL ages inside and outside. They have the largest arcade I have ever seen. We also enjoyed the Safari and the ZipLine! There were 13 of us staying there from ages 2-65 and we ALL had a wonderful time! Will be going back next year for sure!

Room Tip: If you can get a room on ground level, you can literally walk out the door and into the waterpark!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am so thrilled to hear that the 13 of you all had a great time while visiting Kalahari Resort. The multiple bedroom suites are a great way to house everyone and see that there is plenty of space. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed both the Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks during your stay. I just love relaxing down the lazy river when I am visiting the Indoor Waterpark. All in all, it sounds like you had a great trip to Kalahari. Take care and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My family's first visit here. We had a good time overall, but there were a few negatives. First the good.. The rooms were spacious, clean, and looked nice. This place was HUGE. There were a variety of slides for all different ages. My four year old had a blast playing in the kiddie slide area! There were lots of other things to do- putt putt, bowling, arcade, a few playgrounds, petting zoo, zip line (but it was closed during our visit), rock climbing wall, & ropes course (my kids liked the ropes course). The biggest negative of all was the amount of people in the waterpark. So crowded! We went on a random Monday thinking it might be a slow day.. No. My older kids waited 20-30 minutes in line for the big water slides. That was kind of a bummer. Another negative was we had a very long walk from our room to the waterpark. Next time I think I would try to get a room closer. Another thing that bothered us, we ordered a pizza and the menu price said $24 and we had a coupon for $3 off. When we went to pay they charged us $28 even though the menu clearly says $24 and not to mention we had a coupon! Something is not right there!!!! Other than that, overall we had a good time, but Get ready to spend some money, this place is not cheap!

Stayed July 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello! I'm so thrilled that you choose Kalahari for your family's vacation & that you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms & other resort activities. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the waterpark was crowded, while the summer months are very busy that is not usually a complaint we hear. If you would kindly email me at SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com I will be happy to look into this for you. I again, can't thank you enough for taking the time to review us and hopefully connect with me further. I hope that I have the opportunity to connect with you soon. Take care!