Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$144
US$126
US$64
US$62
US$80
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$81
US$79
US$159
3,892 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoohut roomzip linefull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteoutdoor parkvillage suiteivory coastpizzaswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We stayed at Kalahari Sunday June7th to the 9th, I booked the fantastic family getaway package, which included breakfasts, dinner, movie, mini golf, pizza and pop. We had booked the same package last summer and thought it was a really good value. We liked the breakfast buffet but weren't too impressed with the dinner buffet, would never have paid the price if it wasn't included.
Like last year we found the room to be very clean and a nice view overlooking the outside pool. We also found the waterpark clean and the rides well managed by the lifeguards. We also did Cedar Point on the Sunday night and had our best visit ever. Only 15 minute wait for all the big coasters including Dragster. This was our first visit at this time of year and really enjoyed it. The weather was great and most kids were still in school so the water park was relatively quiet.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My family and I stayed at this resort over a weekend, just for the indoor waterpark. First of all I would like to say it's a beautiful resort and the valet service is excellent, but those are the only pluses about this place. I would like to think that if you're going to pay 300 a night that most of the water slides/attractions would be open. But NO, half of them were closed due to "water flow" issues. When my husband complained 3 different times to water park management and the front desk no apologies whatsoever were given. They did not offer to refund any of our money, a free meal or a free night or discount for another stay. They offered us NOTHING. I feel sorry for anyone who stays here expecting it to be the country's GREATEST indoor waterpark. We drove 4 hours and were very disappointed with our entire stay. You have to pay for EVERYTHING!!! No extras here!
And I don't think a FAMILY resort should allow their guests to walk around the waterpark drinking alcohol. I can't tell you how many people I saw stumbling around drunk! And the last time I heard it's not real safe to mix waterslides and booze! And if you want a decent's night sleep you can forget it. People were letting their kids run up and down the hallways all hours of the night and when I called the front desk nothing was done about it. i could go on and on about this place....all i can say is "don't waste your money!!! "

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank mommydeanto3
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We got a great deal from Travel Zoo so my 10 year old daughter took her best friend and went for just one night. Upon check-in I was told we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite and we got coupons for a pizza and drinks--wow! Our room was ready when we arrived so we didn't have to fuss with changing rooms and all that! Our room was gorgeous and clean--one room had a king sized bed, a table/chairs, tv and its own bathroom and the other room had 2 queen beds, table/chairs, a plasma tv, a fireplace, a couch and its own bathroom! I took the master bedroom and gave the kids the 2 bed room so they each had their own bed. The waterpark was very nice but I felt a little uneasy being alone with 2 kids because it is so big you can't find them by just scanning the area like at other water parks. I made a rule that they had to check in after every 3rd ride so it kind of tethered me to the table. I got a lot of reading done! My only complaint was noise in hallways at night--it is supposed to be quiet from 10-8 but our hallway was very noisy--if we go again I would ask not to be on the first floor. The food we got was great and all the staff was helpful and friendly! I would say go to Kalahari and have fun!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MissingSanDiego
Reviewed 1 June 2009

SOS ;) Feb. 11-13
This was our first time 2 Kalahari Resort n had a great time. We went w/ 2 Hut nt. special 4 $199.99. When we arrived we were upgraded 2 an lodge room 4 free and our room was ready. We recived a tour of resort. The resort has a great theme and was pleasing to look at; it make me feel like i was really on VAC. The staff was amazing, n and very friendly. Thank u 4 an awsome vaction. Everywhere we went the staff would greet say hi n ask if we needed anything. The food was great, the pizza from the Pizza Pub was amazing. The ability to charge anything to ur room w/ ur wristband was great..no need 4 cash n the indoorwaterpark. The indoor waterpark is Humogus... Our families fav rides were the flow rider, n the zip coaster, the wave pool is amazing n huge, it's biggest and deepest i'll ever been n or seen and were some theme/waterpark jukkz, LOL. The indoor waterpark claims" no outside food" but they do not check ur bags or coolers, i mean big o coolers i seen some bring n u would think it was Nascar, LOL. Anyway what i like the most is the adult areas, they have swim-up bars w flat screen tvs and indoor n outdoor hottubs. I will, do want 2 recommoned Kalahari Resort 2 everyone. I am already lookn to go again, but w/ special.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Sexydreaaa
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We bought their Beat the Clock special, 1 night for $180. We liked that we were allowed to use the waterpark before our room was available. Well, that was what we were told, but in actuality, the room was read immediately! (12 noon instead of the 4pm official check in.)

The room was clean - it appeared new. My wife requested a Hut Room with 2 queen beds (we have a toddler who would share with mom), but the beds appeared to be full size. Because the room was quite nice otherwise, we let it go. Internet is available in the rooms (wifi and on TV), but it's limited to certain sites like the Weather Channel and CNN. If you try to surf on Google, you'll be asked to authorize a payment on your account. Same for wifi over your portable device. (I tried.) Nevermind, that's not what we were there for.

For Memorial weekend, the place was not packed -- a bit crowded but manageable. Three of the areas were toddler-friendly. Of course there's the toddler area, which our son enjoyed for a few hours. Theres a multi-level area where the older kids liked to climb and slide; it also had a hose that our son loved. On ground level there, the water is only 1.5 feet or so, OK for toddlers, as I said. The wave pool has graded floor, like a beach. Parents can take their toddlers in quite far. The "Lazy River" is 2 feet deep and about 5 minutes around; our toddler didn't enjoy riding on mommy's tummy. Overall, the waterpark is worth the price of the hotel charge.

There are lots of seats, but barely enough tables for all the guests. If you manage to snag one, you can leave your stuff there and no one will take it, it seemed like. You might get lulled into a false sense of security, so be careful. There are lockers available for rent at $5, with a $5 deposit on the key, refunded when you return it. Some lockers are in the park area, and there are some in the men's and women's locker rooms, of course. The locker area was clean enough --- no complaints from me.

Food choices are average in variety, and priced as you would expect for a resort (i.e., overpriced). There are dining options on the main road, if you would rather find your own dinner.

It would have been a great weekend, if not for the slow service at the Cafe Mirage (pizza and grill counter). There's one guy making the pizzas and he takes his time like a jaded city worker. If there's no pizza under the heat lamp, don't order a slice (or a whole pie for that matter). We canceled our order after waiting 15 minutes (and our order wasn't even started and was behind 15 other orders -- no exaggeration).

Otherwise, the staff was friendly enough and generally accommodating. We would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family