“Don't Listen to Reviews - Excellent Resort / Waterpark” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Don't Listen to Reviews - Excellent Resort / Waterpark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

I went this past weekend with my girlfriend for a romantic getaway weekend to the resort. I would have to say that both of us were impressed with all aspects of the park. I would recommend a package deal; whirlpool suite, breakfast, tickets, and $50 gift certificate to the spa. Bellhop and storage services were a plus, check-in was quick, the waterpark and hotel room was very impressive, and the spa was excellant. The breakfast at the Great Kangeroo Restaurant was very good and high prices throughout the park reflected the quality that we received throughout the weekend. We ended up eating dinner in Sandusty for both evenings and it was the great. Only 5 miles away from all of Sandusty and Cedar Point. Overall, the prices we paid for the massage (spa), the package deal, and the additional drinks we bought in the park (swim-up bar) matched the excellant quality of the waterpark and resort. I wanted to say into Sunday night, but our room was already taken by another reservation. Overall, we had an excellant weekend out at the resort. Don't beleive all the bad reviews, this was a great indoor waterpark and resort for anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amccarrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
Rochester,ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

Sunday, October 18th, at arrival my family and I see a young man leaving Kalahari on Crutches, in an ambulance with a splint on his leg. I should have accepted this as a sign that we should not go to Kalahari today. Who knew we would be leaving the resort the same way! My family and I checked out of Great Wolf to enjoy Kalahari for a second trip (we visited in January 2009). We got on 3 rides and decided to try the Victorian Falls. We waited 1hour to get on this ride. There was some malfunctioning going on with the raft-return system. Finally, our turn, coming off the ride we are returned in the water, trying to get out of the raft, unfortunately there are no employees to assist you(the rider) out of the slippery murky water. My husband slipped on the steps, hit his face on the stone steps, and hits his knee on the steps. Kalahari’s EMT staff assists him. While others are still riding the ride, no proactive measures are implemented on behalf of Kalahari water park management to ensure no one else has an accident.
My husband had to leave by ambulance. We spent the rest of our vacation at the ER in Sandusky. Not once, did management call to check on how my husband was doing after our return to the hotel. Customer Service is essential to retention of good customers- I guess Kalahari Management missed that day of class! Sarah Peterson, the heartless manager, who returns my phone call only after me leaving two messages, warns me that their insurance company may or may not pay for the injury-threatening tactics wow! (I'm sure my lawyer will say differently about reimbursement of medical fees). I believe that Kalahari is so accustomed to patrons being hurt so regularly that they brush it off. The response from management was so negative and nonchalant that it was evident that slips and falls, patrons leaving via ambulance are routine for Kalahari!! The floors were so slippery on Sunday they seemed to be glazed as I slid trying to maneuver from one side of the park to the other. SCARY! Management seemed to respond as if this was okay. It’s not okay! I expect safety to be first, obviously not a priority at Kalahari. I’m not sure if there is new management but be careful, you may leave hurt and with a huge medical bill and may need to get a lawyer and losing out on a expense vacation. A friendly warning!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Seanthagoddess
West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

This was our first trip to Kalahari and we were not disappointed. The place is huge and has anything a kid/family could want. We went on the big ten package which included some meals and was a great deal. We gathered from several staff that now is a great time to go (off season) as it was not crowded. I don't think I'd want to go in the summer. One odd thing was the fact that they serve alcohol in the actual park and it's not limited to just a bar setting. That said, we only saw one person who was intoxicated and his friends were shuffling him to his room and apologizing about his behavior. Our room was nice (Desert Room) and plenty big for 3 people. The hallways are a little loud when people are talking and the doors slam shut every time they close, but again not a big deal. This place is very clean from lobby to rooms. Overall a great stay and we'll surely return.

1 Thank Kramerwv
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

We stayed October 2-5 and had a great time. The hotel and waterpark was not crowded. The hotel staff was pleasant and more than accomodating. We had a standard room on Friday night and were supposed to move to a suite on Saturday and Sunday. They upgraded us the first night so we did not have to move. This is the third year we have stayed at the Kalahari and it keeps getting better and better!! We will be back.

North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

Stayed in the African Queen Safari Suite, 6 adults for our friends 40th birthday party. Had a great time, the suite was a little smaller than I imagined, but we had a view of the outdoor pool (would of been great for summer time). located not far from the indoor pool. This is a large resort and I imagine some of the rooms are quite far away
Adults only hot tub and swim up bar was awesome. The pool was suprisingly empty.. maybe too many Friday night football games going on? But we loved it, no wait in lines for anything! Tried the 'surfing'.. awsome, everyone should try it, no matter what age.. just don't wear a bikini top and make sure men your swimtrucks are tied on tight, else you might be showing some 'skin'
Never made it to the bar after the pool closed, but it looked like a fun place
I highly recommend and we will definately be going back.

Stayed October 2009
2 Thank funinthesun44
IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

Our family had a wonderful time at Kalahari! Great staff, very kid-friendly atmosphere, nice rooms, and a terrific waterpark. I wish they had more mid-sized slides for young kids, but otherwise everything was perfect. We did the one of the family packages and felt like we got a good deal on the included meals, movie, games, etc. The kids enjoyed feeding the animals in the Safari Adventure, though it was an extra expense since it wasn't part of our package. We'll definitely be going back, and taking the cousins along for an extended family vacation next time!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed and thanks to an online special, got a very good price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family