First of all i would like to say that i've stayed at the kalahari in wisconsin dells which was excellent. I don't know how this hotel could possibly be related to the other.
It all started with checking in and the attendent was very inimformed. We wanted one night on my credit card and the other on my sisters. She looked like a deer in headlights. After much confusion we got to our room which i must say was pretty nice.
Now to the pool area. First of all the zip coaster that was one of the reasons we stayed there was not working any of the three days we were there. I dont think i saw a lifeguard over the age of 17. They were splashing the young guests as they got on the rafts and conversing with eachother nonstop. they didnt seem very interested in the job they are paid to do at all.
There was a no running sign. But there was no one there enforcing it. Little kids were running all over. Also at the simulated surfing ride, the lifeguards seemed to be going on it more than the guests.
Now heres the kicker. When we were just about to leave walking down the stairs from the front desk. My wife fell down the stairs very hard hitting her elbow very hard and making her neck really sore. And she was also holding our digital camera in her hand, which fell with her and broke on the ground.
Now mind you, the stairs are made of a material that isnt even necessary on flat ground. Why would even consider putting that slippery material in your resort, ESPECIALLY ONE WITH A WATERPARK! I talked to the guest relations manager and she was not interested at all in our problem and talked like she was reading out of a manual. She said that her boss who was the main manager was in a meeting and that he would give us a call as soon as he was out at noon.
We decided just to go out to lunch and come back. By the time we got back at about 12:15 we hadnt gotten a call from him and we asked the woman again if we could speak with him. She informed us that he had entered another meeting and would give us a call after that one!!!!
It is now a week later and we have been getting the run-around since our stay. We ended up talking to the "main" manager and he was the most unfriendly, uncaring, and unprofessional person i had ever spoken with. The whole resort displays the personality of their "boss". I will never stay there again and even though i like the one in wisconsin dells, i will never stay there again just for principle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio