This will be our 3rd trip here. 1st trip Was in April 2005, Husband, Myself 14 year old & 10 year old went for a three day weekend. We got there a little early so our room wasnt ready but check in was quick and the staff was OVERLY friendly. And waiting for our room was no big deal we spent 30 minutes walking around looking at everything there(hand carved tables,beautiful paintings,the water park, and then downstairs where the arcade, mini golf, pottery place among many other things.We did get our room in a timely manner and upon entering was blown away by the attention to detail the have put in this hotel. This place was spotless. I was very impressed.
Then we went to the water park WOW, AMAZING thats all I can say. It was clean, ALL the lifegaurds were busy working very hard & very FRIENDLY!! If there was an issue(a child had gotten sick on the walkway) it was cleaned up very professionally and VERY quickly.
Needless to say, both my kids had the time of there life, we never left the hotel, there is no need to, everything you could possibly need or want is inside this place.We ended up adding 1 more night to our trip.Fun fun fun for ALL ages.
Since we liked it so much we planned a family trip there in november with a total of 5 Adults & 4 kids.Again this trip was better than expected. My family loved it as much as we did. This trip we made it to the SPA, This place makes you feel like you are royalty!! And Everyone through our entire stay was again VERY friendly. Now I am planning our 3rd trip there for Nov. And I am sure I wont be disappointed. I really dont know what anyone can complain about I had a lot of interaction with numerous employees Not 1 time did they make me feel like I was a bother, They actually went out of there way to make sure We were happy.
I would recomend this hotel to everyone. You wont be diappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Resorts Sandusky provides water parks, Safari Outdoor Adventure Park, indoor/outdoor water park, catering/wedding facilities, spa, salon, fitness training in fitness center, dining options, and more.Over 850 beautifully appointed authentic African-themed guest rooms and suites offer coffeemaker, vacation sized refrigerator, microwave, free high speed Internet access, voice mail, TV, iron/ironing board, in-room safe, pay per view movies, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Waterpark Resort
- Kalahari Hotel Ohio
- Kalahari Waterpark Sandusky
- Kalahari Resort Sandusky Oh
- Kalahari Waterpark Hotel Sandusky
- Kalahari Water Park
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions Sandusky, Ohio