“Affordable place to go w/ family.”

Maui Sands Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #12 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
Sheffield Lake, Ohio, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Affordable place to go w/ family.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went there for the day because we live close and it was fun. Love that they had a groupon for it. Not as big as the other water parks close by but was nice.

Visited April 2014

Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing family fun!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is perfect for the family getaway. The indoor water park is well laid out and large. There are activities for every age, and plenty of seating for those that would rather watch the family vs. swim. There is a large amount of life guards on duty at all times, which is great.

Our kids enjoyed their time at the facility!

Visited May 2014
Columbus, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for our kids (3 & 8)”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went on a Saturday in May and the park was really not too crowded. There were plenty of open tables and chairs to put our stuff on, and the attractions were more than enough for our young children. I definitely think older kids would get bored, but we had a blast for the day. There was a teeny tiny pool for wee ones, a 4-foot pool, lazy river, jungle gym type thing, and four larger slides. The large slide I went on was enough thrill for me because you go pretty fast (I haven't done this stuff since I was a kid) and also sufficient for my 8 year old (but she's not much of a thrill seeker, even for her age).
The lifeguards were attentive and there were lots of them in the smaller park, so I felt safe letting my older daughter go and slide without constant and direct supervision from us. There is a bar you can access from inside the waterpark that I may try next time, and a restaurant that I also did not try. I didn't stay at the hotel, but I am seriously considering doing so in the fall for my younger daughter's next birthday. I can see the benefit of staying there so you can play, take a break and eat, and then return later to get the most of your time. Even my husband was happy with the park, and he is dissatisfied with almost anything that involves spending money.

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great value”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms were small but adequate for what our group needed.purchased groupon for 6 food was good .water park small but perfect for our 2 year old granddaughter. will go back again. breakfast buffet was not very good but didn't go there foe that anyway

Livonia, Michigan
“Nice waterpark but poor hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The waterpark was very good. Nice slides, warm water, clean and usually well staffed. The only problem was a lack of towels and when they had towels they were basically small "hand towels" so that an adult would need several to actually dry off.

The hotel was OK. I like the room layout we had. A king bed in a room with a sliding door for privacy and a separate area with two bunk beds for the kids. The biggest problem was that the room was NOT clean. The housekeeping staff does a terrible job! I will likely not go here again. I will spend the extra money and go to another water park in the area.

Visited April 2014