“Great Pizza”

Jack's Deli
Ranked #76 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It says a lot when you have two native New Yorkers complimenting the pizza in a deli just outside of Cedar Point. Of course you aren't going to get a slice of Brooklyn here, but we created our own combination (pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella, kalamata olives and chicken) and it was superb. The crust is soft and relatively thin but held up to the topping beautifully. I look forward to having the same combination on a brick-oven pizza back home :)

Large selection of beer, as well. The extra large pie and 6 beers came to around $30. For three people, you can't go wrong with that.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Jacks Deli is probably the only place in the immediate Cedar Point area to eat breakfast. We drove around for quite a while following smartphone directions to “breakfast” restaurants only to find dead ends and mom-n-pop places that seemed more like a someone’s house than a restaurant. We returned to this place to try out the breakfast. The restaurant is decent looking, clean, and inviting. However, I was sorely disappointed in the portion received for the price paid. We ordered chorizo omeletts. It seemed pretty clear that regular sausage was used in the omelette and it was the size of my fist. Accompanied by a piece of dry toast with side of butter and 6-7 single blueberries. We left here and had to go get a salad at McDonalds because we were left wanting more. Each omelette cost $6.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have been to jack's deli twice. I have tried the pizza and wings. Both were excellent!

1  Thank Toddedunlap
Reviewed 6 July 2012

You will not find Jack's Deli on the main drag in Sandusky. And that may be the reason why it is so GOOD! You will need your GPS, but worth the short trip. I think they make the best sandwiches in town, bar none. Yes it does take awhile for your order, so I recommend calling ahead. Whatever your mood suits you, there should be something on the the menu that will satisfy you. Try their Italian subs, fish sandwiches, or better yet their steak sandwich. The place is connected to the Red Gables Mesquite Grill and in fact the same kitchen, so good quality ingredients all around.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Jack's has by far the best sub you have ever tasted! I love the Chicken Salad but my husband is a HUGE fan of the Italian! We try and stop when ever we can. You will not be disappointed!