“Cedar Point stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sandusky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

To start- I called Days Inn 800 number about 5 times to make sure my reservations were intact and so on also reassuring there would be a safe, microwave and mini fridge in our room. Every time they said yes there will be. I specifically stated in Sandusky- yes! So we arrive and there's nothing. Front desk tells me the safes are "waiting to be out into the rooms" and I had to use the public micro and fridge. Our room had hair on the toilet and the sheets- real clean! Then our room smelled! Musty and the air was so think and moist. I feel there's mold in the walls but anywho I asked to switch rooms the next morning(bc I have bad ashma and it was hard to breath) and they gave us the room next door it wasn't any better. We walked in bc walked right out and I told them this and the manager standing right there didn't care. Also, you can hear straight through these walls. We checked in at 5 in the morning at 6 in the morning out wall neighbors were having a laughing contest, quite annoying. We were gone for the whole day, didn't worry about the room until 10pm dredding to stay another night, so I went searching for another hotel. The next morning we had breakfast and the front desk woman was in the breakfast area. The waffles you make and serve yourself she felt necessary to take them off the griddle for you with her ungloved uncleaned grubby hands. Ugh I couldn't believe it. We checked out and when I was asked if everything was fine (that I cut my 4 night stay down to 2) and I said no- I wasn't asked any further questions. This place is a dump and no one there cares.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was kind of small but clean. Would've been better if fridge and microwave was inside as well. Breakfast was OK. Only had 1 bar of soap and 1 small bottle of shampoo in the bathroom as well. However it really wasn't too bad of a stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family