“Quick change of plans”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was rude. They only have breakfast until 9. My friends and I got down there a few minutes after and the lady rudely told us it was closed. The beds were much smaller than they told us. We had 5 people staying in one room and two of us had to sleep on the floor because the beds weren't big enough. Never again...

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have to admit that I would not have booked this hotel after reading the reviews of others. I used Priceline, and this is the one I got. That said, having stayed for three nights, I'd book there again.

The staff was friendly upon check in, and the front desk is open 24/7, so late check ins are no problem.

Like most others there in August, we went for the theme park. We would generally go to the park in the morning, return to the hotel for lunch (carry out from area restaurants) and to use the pool for a bit, then return to the park.

There was no smell in the room, as was reported by other travelers. Maybe we were just lucky.

It would have been nice to have a refrigerator in the room, which is something that apparently only their suites have. So, leftovers were not an option, but you'll sometimes have thing when traveling.

The bed was firm - if you love a soft bed, watch out. I enjoy a firm bed, and it fit the bill quite nicely.

Their pool and patio were very nice. It would have been nice if they had some of the umbrellas out at the patio tables, but it wasn't a large issue. Their heated pool seemed hit or miss. One day it was far warmer than the other. I would not call it frigid either day.

The free breakfast was less than impressive. Two types of cereal, one type of milk, bananas, a waffle maker, muffins, doughnuts, and coffee. Obviously not horrible, but a hearty breakfast was not in the cards. In truth, I do not eat gluten, and shy of the bananas, there was nothing there for me. (I actually bought a box of cereal at a grocery store and just took that to breakfast to put it in a bowl and get milk)

One should not expect premium luxury when also looking for good prices in a tourist town. It was nothing fancy, but it was nothing bad either. Days Inn did just fine. I would book there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Cedar point. Great location, close to park, restaurants, and shopping. Our room was very clean! I must say this was a very pleasant surprise (I am an extreme clean freak AND work in the hotel industry.) Just a few concerns I'd like to share. Guest safety should be a number one concern and checking locks on a regular basis is extremely important. The latch on our door (Room 122) was missing screws and extremely bent, like someone had attempted to kick it in. Kind of unsettling especially since room had been entered by housekeeping and maintenance should have been notified. No other issues however and we enjoyed our stay here. Kids loved the heated outdoor pool! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family