“Clean, large rooms, great staff”

Econo Lodge Cedar Point
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We thought this was a great room for one night. We were going to Cedar Point for the entire day and needed a comfortable, reasonably priced room for sleeping. The rooms are large and the queen sized beds are a plus. The staff was terrific and the front desk man was so friendly. He even makes the waffles. Basic bread filled breakfast, no fruits but fine for the kids.

1  Thank slamonna

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Hotel was just what I expected for medium price, in season hotel. Nothing fancy but not a dump either. Great location to Cedar Point/Soak City. Staff was great! Very friendly! The only complaint was that the carpet in the room was EXTREMELY DIRTY!!! When walking in bare feet they would be almost black after a few minutes. Never been in hotel with this before and this is why I gave it 2 rating instead of a 3. Would chose again if this is fixed.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My family had planned a week-end trip to Cedar Point. We had a total of 21 in our party. Prior to booking this hotel I contacted the front desk based on a few of the reviews on this site. I questioned the mold & mildew smell because of grandchildren with allergies. I was told that rooms had been renovated and this is a continuous process every year. I asked for a total of 7 renovated and non-smoking rooms and adjoining rooms if possible. I was told my request would be noted. We arrived early and found all of our rooms were ready. The hotel had met all of my requests and had even been kind enough to have all 7 of our rooms all in a row and one set of adjoining rooms. Each room was clean and fresh as promised. This is not a 4 star hotel, but the price met our needs. The bathrooms are small (but clean) and the breakfast is not for anyone looking for a full meal, but just something to hold you until you get what you want. We made use of the pool which was also clean. Being close to the park was another plus. We would stay there again. I would advise all travelers too call ahead and speak directly with the hotel if you have any special request. You may be surprised how they often will be accommodating to get your repeat business.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I wanted to take a mini 2 day vaca to Cedar Point without our kids. We booked this motel because it was so close to the park. Of course, I wasn't expecting luxury or anything of that nature. We got to our room, and it was what I had expected. Right when we were going to lay down to go to sleep, I had noticed a small bug crawling around on the bed. As I looked closer, I realized it was a bed bug!! We were freaking out because I did not want to bring that home with me, especially bc we have 2 small toddlers at home. We immediatley went to the office and demanded a new room. The lady in the office did not seem suprised that there were bed bugs. She just apologized and put us in a different room. After debating on just packng up and leaving, we decided to stay bc its not often we have time to ourselves AND it was a 4 hour drive. We stripped all of the beds down to double check everything, and found no bed bugs in the room. The first room we did have was a smoking room. It was not properly aired out and smelled of stale smoke. We are smokers, but we don't even like that smell. I mean, comon, at least spray some air freshener or something. The second room was non smoking, and seemed cleanlier (not up to par tho). All in all, its kinid of a hit or miss with the bed bug situation. I suggest don't stay in a smoking room if you do decide to stay here. We, on the other hand, will just pay the extra money to stay in an iin-park hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffany R
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Best value hotel in the area. Excellent time there..The free Breakfast was adequate and the waffles were the best..waffle guy and day staff are very friendly. Outside pool is awesome at night, check out the fireflies by the pool. Really close to Cedar Point.

Room Tip: Excellent room with air conditioning
1  Thank Stedonna
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge North on the 22nd of June after a trip to Cedar Point. I had stayed at this motel many years ago and was not expecting much more than a place to sleep for the night.

On the con side: the hotel and guest room was old and outdated. The bedding was very old and I immediately searched for bed bugs. The air conditioner was not turned on when I arrived and the room was very warm. The walls were paper thin and I was able to hear conversations very clearly in the adjoining rooms. The breakfast was a joke as referenced by other reviews. I would recommend eating elsewhere.

On the pro side: the hotel is located a sort drive to the Cedar Point causeway.

I would recommend staying in one of the newer hotels if you make a trip to Sandusky.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave_in_Huber
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Needs some work. As far as location to Cedar Point it couldn't be better. The service staff was friendly. The free breakfast was decent. It was the smell of the room that really got me. When we walked in it was an overwhelming burst of must. The must in conjunction with the outdated decor and dimly lit just gave it a dirty feel. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013