“Worst Hotel I've Ever Stayed In”

Rodeway Inn Cedar Point North
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 9 September 2011

You will be disgusted by this hotel, do NOT stay here. I am not picky and we are budget conscious, so we are used to staying in hotels that are not fancy, but this one should actually be torn down due to the safety and health hazzards it poses. See my pictures, they speak for themselves. Where to start, let's see.....bathroom-extremely dirty and bugs, mold in window, shower head falling out of wall, rusty and broken fixtures. Door-most of security was missing, didn't close tightly (see daylight along it). Breakfast-what a joke! Was a coffee pot/juice machine/and packaged pastries sitting on a 3 foot counter in the office. No table or chairs to sit at. Pool-cloudy and smelled like a stagnant pond. Would have welcomed the smell of chlorine to know it was disinfected. One ice machine, broken. Went to front desk to ask for ice, was taken to the laundry room by the maid while she scooped some out of a little cooler. OMG, the site of the laundry room scared me to death! Bare dirt floor with potholes. Racks made out of old plywood. Bedding and towels stacked on these dirty racks. Worst of all, washed blankets and bedspreads stacked on the dirty floor right on top of the dirt and spiders. When I was checking out a man in front of me wanted to know what to do about his car being broken into the night before. They stole his stereo, GPS, and personal items. The area was very scary and run down.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank BJK13

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Clean and inexpensive for a Sat. night. Short drive to Cedar Point.
Room was small but fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank denni
Reviewed 22 August 2011

When first entering the room 138, we walked thru spiderwebs with spiders. The room looked like it had not been cleaned properly in a long time. Dust and grime crumbs on carpet all along edges. furniture was falling apart. could not deadbolt the door and smelled musty. We arrived after Midnight after we entered the room we kept calling office but no answer. so we just tryed to just get to sleep so we could get to Cedar Point when it opened. when checking out we complained and a very un friendly clerk said you should have said somthing when u got here. On top of all this the room was 120.00 per nite Dont waste your time spend more and get a better place!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank harold c
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Okay so 4 friends and I wanted a close cheap place to stay before our day trip to Cedar Point. So we stumbled upon this place and for 87 bucks for a double bed room, you cant beat that price anywhere. Our room (275) was on the second floor in the pool building. Kind of down an eerie little hallway that had the wallpaper partially ripped off. But we have seen worse places around where we live. So this place did nothing to offed us. The toilet was a bit slanty, not sure how that happens, but it's all good. The ceiling had some signs of water damage, maybe replace the ceiling tiles and everything would be perfect in the room.
Our hotel key got demagnetized around 11 or so, so we ventured down to the office, where we met Bill. The most helpful entertaining man I have ever met in my life. My friend who is quite the odd ball was asking random questions about the drink machine, because she wanted some cranberry juice. Bill sadly replied that the juice machine was only for the free breakfast in the morning. We then moved on in subjects and continued to talk to (pester) Bill. Then out of no where he starts digging through a drawer and pulls out a set of keys, walks from behind the counter and unlocks the drink machine and says "Here have some juice!". I'm not sure if he unlocked it because we were super awesome entertainment, or if he was just unlocking it so we would eventually go away. But I feel like he was going above and beyond his job to please us, the lovely customers.

If I go back to Cedar Point again this year, I will definitely be booking a room here at the Rodeway Inn!

For the money you pay, the staff and rooms are above and beyond what you would receive elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank hayleyhail
Reviewed 18 August 2011

For the nightly rate, you get what you pay for! Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast consisted of drinks and prepackaged muffins, on the small side. Rooms are small, and improvments could be made, but who cares when you are spending so little money! Wifi worked fine, people weren't noisy and the place was full. When you want to save money and are only staying there to sleep between riding coasters at CP, this is a good, close, CHEAP place. It isn't the ritz but who cares? The only thing that really bothered me is that the mattresses are really firm, had trouble falling asleep. Head over to ALL Ways Pizza for some good grub and cheap beer 2 blocks away. I would stay there again just for a place to sleep before heading to CP.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lives4vacation1210
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed at this place one night on my first visit to Cedar Point. At least it's close to Cedar Point. The hotel is ok, but I wouldn't want to stay again. The bathroom was outdated. Putty around the window sealed closed, you couldn't see out. Wi-fi didn't work. Breakfast was blah.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I read some of these reviews with great trepidation and attempted to cancel my reservation. I guess they have a 72-hour cancellation policy so I had to hold onto my reservation. On the day of reckoning I got in my car and headed to the hotel. I held my breath. After all the nervous tension I had built up on the way I was delightfully relieved when I arrived.

First of all, Bill, the guy who checked me in was WONDERFUL. He could probably TEACH a class in customer service. He got me extra pillows, gave me a great recommendation for a place to eat and grab a beer, and when the ice machine ran out because someone filled up a cooler, he went to the store and bought a bag so I could have ice.

I felt safe in this hotel. I read reviews that said it was in a rundown location, well if that is a rundown neighborhood, I'd love to see where those people live, because it looked like another Small Town USA.

I had an exterior corridor room (120). The King bed was just to my firmness liking, the tv was a bit small but there were like 60 channels of programming. It was clean, it smelled fresh and the furniture looked new. I was a bit nervous because I had to park my car about 125 yard from my door but the parking lot was well lit and nothing happened to my car.

I'll definitely be back next year when I visit Cedar Point. For the low price, clean room and nice pool, it really can't be beat.

Room Tip: Make a request in that field when you make a reservation.