We stayed last weekend with a $50 one-night coupon deal. Great deal since it included the water park as well. Now it's not a substitute for the Bahamas or even Great Wolf Lodge but we certainly got a lot of bang for the buck. It cost me more to board my dog for two nights.
The water park is rinky dink but fine for grade schoolers. Ideal age/size would be to bring kids that are 42" or taller since they could ride the water slides. Mine are smaller than that so they couldn't ride the slides but they enjoyed playing in the other areas. For adults it's a bit cold so luckily they had a hot tub. Unlike a lot of places though kids are allowed in the hot tub too. The water area was kept up very well. It looked like it had fresh paint and no mold or anything like that.
The room was fine. Yes, it's what you would expect from a low-end chain but it was clean and had everything we needed. We were fortunate to get a large suite-style room (rm 144). It looked like it had been updated compared some of the photos uploaded here. The heater was newer and worked well. Had two large flat screen TVs. Had a large safe big enough to hold a day pack or purse. Unfortunately it wasn't working -- low battery warning was displayed. The only real annoyance about the room was the terrible water pressure in the bathtub. It wasn't the low-flow shower head because it was really slow to come out of the tap as well. But for one night it wasn't a big deal.
We also utilized the bowling alley after checkout. Staff were very friendly. It seemed a little pricier than a typical alley but I don't know since I don't bowl that often. $18 for one hour (two adults, two kids) but they gave us two lanes. The full menu from the Thirsty Pony is available there so we ordered wings and pizza. Both the wings and the pizza were on the greasy side but palatable. Also a little pricey for what it is. It's good for the convenience but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park Hotel Sandusky
- Quality Inn And Suites Rainwater Park
- Quality Inn Rainwater Park
- Quality Inn Motel Cedar Point
- Quality Inn Sandusky
- Sandusky Quality Inn
- Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park Sandusky, Ohio