“Could Not Have Been Better!”

Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Beachwood, Ohio
“Could Not Have Been Better!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Absolutely the best hotel for a Family looking for Family Fun on a budget. We have spent triple at some of the other water parks in Sandusky and had half the fun we had at the Rain. We're always looking for something to do with the kids when they have a 3 day weekend and for this MLK weekend we picked the Rain. We basically picked it for the price and all they had to do right at the hotel. But what a value for under a $100 we could not believe how nice everything was including the staff. Everyone member of the staff was so friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and fresh, most comfortable bed ever! (but they could be because we were so tired from having so much fun bowling, playing laser tag, and stuffing our faces at the Thirsty Pony the hotels great restaurant. Fun, Fun, Fun, we will definitely be back! Thanks Rain for a great weekend with the kids we really needed it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked the room New Years Eve for a mini family getaway. We had never stayed before but the price was right compared to the other local water parks. The added perks they game us made the trip so much better. The food and staff was excellent at the Thirsty pony, The indoor water park was great, laser tag had us laughing the whole time, and the bowling was defiantly the highlight of the trip. Our boys 9 and 12 are asking if we can go next year. All the staff was wonderful and friendly... We can't wait till next year!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 23 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The room that I stayed in was clean and comfortable. It looked like it had been updated recently. The bathroom toilet was too low and I am only 5'9". The hallways had an odor that was slightly unpleasant which let me know that the property is an old one. The hallways also had trash cans every 50 ft or so in the hallways which seemed a bit odd. For the price I paid, it was a clean place to sleep and shower. I stayed by myself but if my wife had been with me, I would have chosen one of the choice hotel properties on Rt 250.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were so pleased we chose this hotel for our trip to Cedar Point. It was cold and rainy and the kids were really disappointed that after driving almost 3 hours that most of the rides at the park were not operating and they were cold and miserable so we cut our time at the park short and headed to the hotel to warm up. The staff was made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. The rooms was comfortable and clean your typically hotel room but what makes this hotel so different from others is all the things they offer just down the hall from your room. They have a cute little water park that was perfect for my little one and my teenager enjoyed it to but it was definitely more geared to little ones. When we made our reservations they told us they had a bowling alley but when we left the water park and headed for the lanes we were blown away we expected a little place with a few lanes, this place was huge and lit up like a disco. Definitely the coolest bowling alley I have ever seen. The kids were so excited and enjoyed ever minute of their time. We worked up quite an appetite and headed to the hotels restaurant the Thirsty Pony which was wonderful as well. The service was a little slow and it took awhile to get our food but the place was packed. When the food came it was worth the weight. In the morning we asked for a late check out so we could enjoy the hotel's facilities a little longer before we headed back. The lady at the front desk said no problem and let us stay till 2 at no extra charge. I don't even think my kids cared that they did not get to stay at Cedar Point longer. We loved it and will be back every year.

Room Tip: Water Park is closed in the afternoon for a couple hours
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

What a great place to stay in Sandusky. The room was really clean and the beds are really comfortable. Loved the fact that the hotel is connected to a Bowling alley, Thirsty Pony (Bar) and a inside Water Park. The staff is quickly on any issue no matter what it is, example my remote wasn't working correctly and they swapped it out immediately.Great for kids! They have Gambling at Bar too.

Room Tip: I requested first floor cause my wife's disabled and they accommodated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We left a really bad hotel and came to the Quality Inn and Suites. The staff was very nice and gave me a decent rate since I just walked off the streets. The room was clean and mostly new. They are renovating the rooms so some are new and some are not. The bed was great as well. My son enjoyed the restaurant with the fun stuff (bowling and such) including a heated pool that worked. My only complaint is the sink drain broke. We had to roll with that. But they made up for that everywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The location is nice, its a short drive up the road to Cedar Point. There was plenty of parking and never had an issue there. The parking lot can be a little dark on one side but the other is well lit.
The room was nice enough, clean linens and no odors. The bathrooms are the usual small hotel bathroom and there were a few ants, not an infestation, but maybe saw five while we were there. The rooms had newer flat screens that were nice and clean and as well kept as the rest of the room. There was no fridge in the room, which can be a pain when traveling for sports. There wasn't a lot of plug-in access for all the electronics we carry but enough to make do. The door to the room is not exactly well insulated. I could hear every noise from the hallway when trying to fall asleep but the very comfortable bed made up for it. We didn't try the waterpark so I cannot comment on that. If I race here again next year I would be comfortable returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends