“Great place for the price!”

Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This place was great! The kids had so much fun and there was alot to do. There is lazer tag, bowling and the waterpark, and more...We were they for Spring Break. The hotel room was nice and the continental breakfast was delicious. I can't wait to visit here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank daringdiva

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my daughters 8th birthday. We also brought her best friend and my younger daughter and had a wondeful time. The wateraprk is perfect for smaller kids, as they told em when a booked the room the water park in small but cute and i like the fact that I could always keep an eye on all three of the kids, If you come here expecting a big water park this is not the place for you but what we really enjoyed was all the other things to do in one place. Attached to the hotel and water park they have bowling, lazer tag, a restaurant. So much to do and all just steps from your room we never had to leave the hotel from check in to check out. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and the food in the restaurant was great. We actually ate there twice during our stay because the kids begged to go back. My girls already asked if we could go back for our next family getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor the way the hotel is layed out the second floor rooms are closer...
1  Thank Dedra G
Reviewed 27 January 2014

the hot tub was not even warm....There was a wedding party that was on our floor with door open partying and being loud!!! 11 at night and my kids couldn't sleep.....Bowling was good but that's the only thing I recommend! NEVER EVER AGAIN will I go to RAIN WATER-PARK!

2  Thank Chantal T
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We took our three children to Rain yesterday to celebrate a birthday and beat cabin fever. I knew the waterpark was small, but kids who like waterslides will be pleased. The hot tub was lukewarm and crowded due to the lack of other water activities. There is no indoor pool. Bowling was very fun, and the food was delicious. Arcade was satisfactory. We experienced disappointment when returning to our room at night. By 10pm we decided to leave. Rooms nearby had loud drunk guests that left there doors open which added to the noise. Keep in mind that in addition to being a "waterpark" for children, there is a bar and other adult activities. The only solution offered was another room, but after we packed up our belongings we wanted to head home instead of being inconvenienced again. The bathroom was chilly, so I imagine a shower/bath would be uncomfortable. We had difficulty accessing the internet/"free wifi" on all our devices...laptop, smartphones, tablet...don't know what the deal was there. I am not surprised by all this, as this is the cheapest "waterpark" in Sandusky. You get what you pay for. The nearby Castaway Bay remains our favorite for overall value and family fun.

Room Tip: Room 204 receives a lot of hallway noise.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Absolutely the best hotel for a Family looking for Family Fun on a budget. We have spent triple at some of the other water parks in Sandusky and had half the fun we had at the Rain. We're always looking for something to do with the kids when they have a 3 day weekend and for this MLK weekend we picked the Rain. We basically picked it for the price and all they had to do right at the hotel. But what a value for under a $100 we could not believe how nice everything was including the staff. Everyone member of the staff was so friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and fresh, most comfortable bed ever! (but they could be because we were so tired from having so much fun bowling, playing laser tag, and stuffing our faces at the Thirsty Pony the hotels great restaurant. Fun, Fun, Fun, we will definitely be back! Thanks Rain for a great weekend with the kids we really needed it.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked the room New Years Eve for a mini family getaway. We had never stayed before but the price was right compared to the other local water parks. The added perks they game us made the trip so much better. The food and staff was excellent at the Thirsty pony, The indoor water park was great, laser tag had us laughing the whole time, and the bowling was defiantly the highlight of the trip. Our boys 9 and 12 are asking if we can go next year. All the staff was wonderful and friendly... We can't wait till next year!!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The room that I stayed in was clean and comfortable. It looked like it had been updated recently. The bathroom toilet was too low and I am only 5'9". The hallways had an odor that was slightly unpleasant which let me know that the property is an old one. The hallways also had trash cans every 50 ft or so in the hallways which seemed a bit odd. For the price I paid, it was a clean place to sleep and shower. I stayed by myself but if my wife had been with me, I would have chosen one of the choice hotel properties on Rt 250.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business