“Cedar point trip”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Lowell, Michigan, United States
“Cedar point trip”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Not perfect, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. After 9 hours of thrill rides we wanted a meal & a room. This offered both & then some. We had 2 teens with us, so they loved the pool & water park. They had a ball! The included breakfast offered a larger variety of food than I've seen at other Choice Hotels. Have the Thirsty Pony next door was a plus. We were able to get checked in & send the kids to the pool while we ordered dinner for take out back to our room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed from July 16th to the 19th in room 123. I went upstairs to get breakfast and got to the top of the stairs and fell on the floor. I busted my eye and hurt my foot and knee. The lady upstairs was a real sweet person. She hurried and got me an ice pack and wanted to know if I was ok and carried a plate of food down to my room.She told me I need to file a report but when I went to the desk for another ice pack the woman there said she didn't know if she had one but went in the room and brought me one out but never mentioned a report . I did at check out tell the lady that the night before the man at the desk said I should file a report before I checked out and I did. When I checked innoone never mentioned they would bring us food if I called and I knew I couldn't afford to order from my room. I went to the hospital after I come home and they said no bones was broke but they are having me get checked for a problem with my retina, Also the room as I walked in to the bathroom there was a tack or something that kept sticking my foot. The toilet had to be flushed a few times to get it to go down and even for just toilet. I did tell the maid at check out. Loved the bowling and swimming and every thing. Just wanted you aware of the few things that happened on my visit. Sheila Ferryman.

Room Tip: The room on first floor was great but no hand rails in the bathtub made it scary to shower afraid of...
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was really nice. The rooms were clean. Breakfast had more variety than most hotels. The water slides and rain room were nice. There was not a fan in the bathroom, and there was not a refrigerator or microwave.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First let me say I have stayed in much worse hotels. This hotel was not what I'm used when staying at a Quality Inn. The hotel needed lots of general maintenance and housekeeping. They should vacuum the common area stairs and clean up the spiderwebs on said stairs. Our coffee pot was covered in dust and the vents were covered in dust so much so that we set the fire alarm off when we turned the heat on.

The outdoor pool needed some work. It has a waterfall that was covered in old leaves and a musical play area that no one knew what it was. The whole pool just needs to be revamped.

The waterpark was horrible. It didn't open until 4pm. It only had 2 waterslides. 1 running and when someone asked why the other slide wasn't they were told it was because people were lazy. My 3 year old was not impressed and neither was I. We stayed for 2 nights but on the 3rd night we went across the street to Castaway Bay.

I won't stay here again and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Just splurge and stay at a real waterpark.

2 Thank Netty725

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Reviewed 7 July 2014

You need to change the name because there is nothing quality about this hotel, yes it may be in a great location but it is horribly filthy! The bathroom is filthy the floors were dirty, windows were nasty. The outside was uninviting and dirty. The staff was sitting on the stairs smoking, is that quality certainly not. I want my money back!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sharriewilliams
Reviewed 6 July 2014

just got back from out of town and we stayed in the quality inn and suites rain water in sandusky ohio , me and my family check inn last night July 5 I reserve 2 rooms, 1 suite And 1 standard 2dbl room, when we walk inn in to are suite the first thing I see was a pile of dirty towels from last guest, I inspected the room all the cushions from couch and sofa bed were in the floor, carpet was not vacuum, there was food in the fridge , the blanket and pillow bag for the sofa bed linen had a hair bowl on it, I went down to the front desk and spoke to the gent desk agent she was going to send housekeeping with in 15 min we check inn around 6pm planty of time for the room to be clean, housekeeping show up an inspected the room she said that the room was clean and they just forgot the dirty towels and a cuple things she pick up the towels and pick up some debri from the dirty carpet and the room was ready, I went down to the desk again and ask for a different room, the move us down the hall the new room , the bathroom was not clean hair in the tub, toilet dirty, hair stock in the wall with yellow stains by the toilet paper holder, we just decide to cleaned are selfs and called a day the kids were tired from being in cedar point all day and the wanted to go swimming, the water park chlorine level was so high that burn my eyes with in. 5 min, the water in the outdoor pool was very cloudy and dirty that we just went back up to the room, I stop by the desk to mention about the pool and water park and I was not the only one complainting I hear other family's complaining is well, I have never experience bad service and never stayed in a dirty hotel like this before, cost me almost. $400 for both rooms will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Gdljalmx
Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you are looking for a nice family vacation at Cedar Point/Sandusky or anything even remotely close to luxury, look elsewhere! However, with that being said, if you are simply looking for a place to sleep after a long day at Cedar Point, this place isn't bad at all. We (A group of four 21 year old guys) checked in around 11pm after being at Cedar Point for the day. Pulling in, it felt really "unsafe" as the parking lot was dark and "ghetto" looking, but with this being Sandusky, I wasn't worried. The reception area was run down and the staff member who checked me in was not that friendly. Upon other visits to the front desk, as one previously noted, they seem more concerned to talking to friends than helping guests. The room itself was average, typical old choice hotel. Air conditioner worked great! Beds were actually quite comfortable and I didn't have any problems of cleanliness. The bathroom could use some updating though, the toilet lid didn't fit on properly, and the "heat" light for the shower was a red light, really odd. Breakfast was adequate, I had worse, I had better in my travels. Did not get to use the water park, but don't get your hopes up, It is really small and has one slide (maybe 2 max) Hot tub is nice. Pool is outdoor and small. Thirsty Pony was cool, went there for last call and played some Keno. There is a bowling alley and arcade also, which we did not utilize. Check out was a breeze and staff member much friendlier than check in.
Overall:
1) This is nice for a cheap "bed and breakfast" if you are on a budget.
2) Lots to do under one roof but not of much "Quality" (ironic they call it Quality Inn)
3) If you are going for the water park, go to Kalahari or Great Wolf and get your money worth
4) If you want newer and cleaner, go to a Hampton Inn in town or similar hotel.
Safe travels everyone!

Room Tip: Only stay here if you plan to sleep and get breakfast and/or on a budget
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends