“Great Stay for large family”

Cedar Point's Castaway Bay
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The only issue we has was the lack of pork free products with the breakfast buffet package. You had a choice of fruit, yogurt, baked goods, eggs or cereal but everything else was pork. So I think for a pork free family the breakfast buffet is alittle pricey for so few options.

• Stayed: August 2013
TyleratCP, Manager at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your comment. We will certainly take this opportunity to review our menu and offerings.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent the night at Castaway Bay and had a fun time! The water park was so much fun and the family really enjoyed themselves! The room was just OK..we had a large room with a king bed and a separate bunk room..that room was hot and there was no air vents in the bunk room. We had to pull up the curtain and crank up the air to get some cool air into the room...the people in the king bed froze :( The front desk didn't have a fan that would have helped.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TyleratCP, Manager at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Thank you for your helpful feedback.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had a great time there, the amenities were better than advertised and the room itself was clean and comfortable. I recommend the Bay View* I can not wait to go back and would also recommend the Thirsty Pony across the street for some drinks. Big ones. As for TGIF I would not recommend them the staff is uninterested in helping you. But bring plenty of cash and you can spend hours in the arcade or go relax in the heated indoor/outdoor spa to relieve all the tension from a long day at Cedar Point

Room Tip: dolphin bay view room is the best for a couple, bay view in general is preferred oh and I would reco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We can't wait to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a Great time here! My husband, myself, our 11 year old son & his friend stayed here the day before we went to Cedar Point. Waterpark was fun, outdoor pool was nice, (lifeguard on duty) room was clean. Staff was very Friendly!
We ordered pizza from the room service & it was good...not to pricey. TGI fridays is connected & we were going to eat there but they for some reason they changed their hours and didn't notify Castaway Bay that they were no longer open until midnight, (they closed at 10 pm) we had a late night at the waterpark...
Only issue we had was at about 4am there was a horrible smell....not sure what it was or where it came from but smelled like oil or raw sewage...lasted for about 1/2 hr then went away.
Overall I would recommend this place to stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013

We appreciate all of your helpful feedback. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We recenty returned from a family trip to Cedar Point. I went with my two daughters 24 and 18, and my 12 year old son. The hotel choice was supposed to be just a surprise bonus but turned out to be my favorite part of the trip. The staff we encountered throughout were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the waterpark especially the wave pool. There were a few larger water slides for the older children. We went out for breakfast as there are several restaurants to choose from in the area. The coffee at Ebb and Eddy's (Starbucks) was very good but naturally overpriced. I found the staff at this location to be especially entertaining.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us. We're glad you had fun!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and our two children (13,10) loved it. We spent the late afternoon and evening at the resort and then spent the next day at Cedar Point. It is very close to the park.
It was not crowded and my kids could get on slide after slide and move around the different areas without bumping into anyone. As an active adult I loved that you had to climb up many things and loved the cargo net and treasure you could climb across. It is a smaller waterpark but having not been to any others we really enjoyed our time.
We did notice that breakfast was pricey, so went to the McDonald's down the road instead. Also there is a T.G.I. Fridays attached to the property but it is very pricey. We were able to sit outside and eat though and that was a nice experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was our first trip to Cedar Point and booked here for the early entry to the park. Check in was quick and easy, we got our wrist bands for the water park, breakfast tickets, park and parking passes. We stayed in a Tarpon Suite which was perfect for our family. Breakfast was ok but did not change from day to day. Would have liked a bit more variety. I found the room dark however, could have used more or better lighting. Also there were not enough power outlets for the family to charge all of our gadgets. We enjoyed the water park and it was nice to be able to relax in the hot tub.

My family would like to stay here again but I don't know if we would do the breakfast again since I thought it was expensive for what was offered.