“"Not so bad"”

America's Best Value Inn Sandusky
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Room was clean and bathroom was big and well stocked with towels, hotel is well located near freeway and within walking distance to many stores and restaurants and most of all close to cedar point amusement park.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rache4
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you found the location to be convenient and that the accommodations were clean and well-appointed. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

There are newer reviews for America's Best Value Inn Sandusky

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well, it's a hotel for someone in a budget, so you cannot expect the same service as a 4 or 5 star hotel. The room was OK, the carpet had no stains and no smell, my concern was about the beds, they were very very firm and the pillows were not very comfortable.

The major problem was the bathroom. The towels were like sandpaper and you could find stains in all of them!!!

I recommend the hotel only if you're in a budget and, even so, if you have to stay just a few days (like 1 or 2 days)!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will L

Thank you for taking the time to relate your recent experience with our hotel. I'm appreciative of the fact that you pointed out that we are a budget-friendly hotel. However, gritty and stained towels are unacceptable and we will do our best to remedy this situation immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Came in May 2012 for Cedar Point, and was excited to hear they had a pool.When we arrived pool was a cement hole, no water and weeds growing out of it. The lobby monitor was nice but knew the hotel was horrible. We get to the room, stains on the carpet, hair in the bathroom, beds look like they made by a child , and overall was a very dirty disgusting experience. Five minutes later we walked out, got a full refund and stayed at a nearby Motel 6 and that was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich C

First, thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. Second, I must apologize for the experiences you related in your review. Although this is a budget-friendly property, there's no reason to expect anything other than a clean, comfortable, safe experience. Additionally, this is a seasonal property and it looks as if you stayed pretty much RIGHT when we opened the doors for the season. We were still in the process of prepping the hotel for the season but had to open to honor reservations already in the system. Again, my apologies. I hope you treat this as an isolated incident and try us out again in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I booked a king room.. When I arrived, they only had rooms with two double beds left. Working in a hotel, we would normally upgrade the guest to the next room up, but I dont believe they have any larger rooms than a standard. In this case, I was actually charged a higher price for the room because there were two beds. I was unhappy and nobody seemed to care.

I don't feel as though I should be charged more for a second bed I won't use, especially on a romantic getaway when a double size bed just made things uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex E
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your stay with us. I'm sorry that the room you received was not what you originally booked--and you are correct, the only room types that we have at this property are rooms with two double beds or rooms with king-sized beds. However, we do not charge based on the number of beds in the room.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The place is really dated, but its incredibly cheap!!

For spending the weekend at Cedar Point this is a great Hotel. Yes its a bit farther out, but its an easy drive, maybe 20 minutes to the park, and you pass a McDonald's and a Starbucks, and Sonic is in the same parking lot. If all you're doing is sleeping, then this is a great place for it.

As I said incredibly cheap. The beds are comfy, they have fluffy pillows and mini fridges. There is a restaurant and a bar in the place, but I haven't gotten to try them out yet. They also don't have a continental breakfast. If you're checking in late at night there seems to ever only be one person at the front, and if you need housekeeping items (extra towels or toiletries) you need to go to the front desk as well. But they will get you what you need in a decent manner, once the line goes away. They'll even bring it to you so you don't have to wait.

it's relatively quiet and there's no parking issues. And again, did I mention its way cheap!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank iagomega
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thanks for your candid and thorough review of your recent stay at our hotel. We're glad that you found value in the accommodations and amenities and that your stay was enjoyable. I'm particularly happy to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs and that they helped relay the importance we place on top-notch customer service. We hope you choose to stay with us again, should future travels bring you our way!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed after shooting a wedding at kalahari (we are photographers) and wanted to go to Cedar Point the next day. Well, they have no elevators so we had to haul everything upstairs, which sucked. The whole hallway reeked like marijuana & the cleaning staff looked as scrubby as the hallways. The guy at the desk was nice. The lobby is VERY deceiving. When you walk in, you think you are in a nice hotel that is high class & when you hit the hallways and stairs... the reality of the lack luster & old feeling building are apparent. The ice machine was old too but it worked. It was nothing special but it was cheap, so it worked for one night. We did say however, that next time it would be worth it to spend some extra money for a high class hotel. It works if you are on a tight budget...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicole C
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Hello and thank you for relating your recent experience at our hotel. Although not the stellar review that we'd like to hear, I'm appreciative of the comments as they help us to better understand where to concentrate our resources. I AM,however, glad that you found the rates to be acceptable and it sounds as if you found value in your stay.

As I said before, your comments will help us to make continuous improvements to our property as we take ALL comments--good and bad--very seriously and want to have every customer's expectations exceeded.

Please try us again--I know you'll be pleasantly surprised with our improvements! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Myself & my husband just got back from 2 nights here. I gave it a very good rating only based on you get what you pay for. When we got there it was an hour before check in, the girl at the desk was more than friendly & helpful getting us in an hour early. Our room was clean & so was the bathroom, with plenty of towels even shampoo & hair dryer. The room had a safe in it large enough for my iPad & purse. The bed was comfortable, (ask for extra pillow, only had 3 & I use 2) . The tv was outdated, but it had all the channels & it worked so what more do you want. The Roadhouse located In the hotel was great, the food was delicious. The location was terrific. So all in all it was nice. If you want the Ritz go pay for it !!! This is not it, nor do they charge like it is!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thank you, very much, for writing a positive and candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your finding value in patronizing our establishment and are very glad to hear that you found the accommodations more than satisfying.

We look forward to welcoming you back again during a future visit to our area!