“Disgusting Hotel”

America's Best Value Inn Sandusky
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 2 September 2007

We spent the day at cedar point yesterday 9-1-07 and went to the hotel to check in around 6:00 pm.. We checked in our room and were immediately disgusted! Our comforter had what looked like urine stains, there was not a fitted sheet for the mattress rather 2 layers of sheets (so if you sat on the bed the sheets would move and you would just lay on the nasty mattress.. The sheets and blanket looked gross and there were what looked like blood stains on the pillow cases. The room overall felt dirty and the bathroom was gross too.. We went to the front desk and the guy said he's never heard complaints like that... So I just asked if we could get our money back and not even stay.. We went to dinner and then drove a little over 2 hrs home.. I'm glad we saved the $70.00.. Seriously this place is DISGUSTING!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oakozzymom

Reviewed 19 August 2007

On route to visit Cedar Point Amusement Park we stayed one night at this hotel. Check-in was done by two young people who seemed bothered when questions were asked about the area. They obviously couldn't be bothered. This should have been the first hint of a horrible experience. Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. The rug was disgusting that no one walked bare-foot in the room during our stay. The smoke detector was dangling from the wall. Linens were thin, but did appear clean. Bedspread was filthy. The one good thing about the stay was the restaurant which was attached to the hotel. The food was delicious, service was good, mand the prices were reasonable.
The location to Cedar Point was about 15 min., but there were many more available hotels in the area which hopefully could offer a better experience, so don't settle for this hotel. I would not return to this hotel, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone.
By the way, when I booked this hotel through AAA it was advertised as a Ramada Inn, but apparently this changed over in 2006.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank specedtcher
Reviewed 16 August 2007

My boyfriend booked this through Priceline, and he was apprehensive after he found out what we got because he researched the hotel afterwards. It turns out that he was very right to be apprehensive, because the place was filthy! It had not been vacuumed before our stay (I wore my flip flops inside), there were smudges of dirt on both the bathroom door and the main door, the shower curtain was filthy with smudges, the towels were ragged and old. Perhaps the most disturbing was that the sink had clearly not been cleaned- I had to clean off the toothpaste and dried spit from the faucet myself. The small beds had no undersheet beneath the fitted sheet and the mattress, the pillows were smelly and lumpy and old. And while this isn't the hotel's fault, the person in the non-smoking room next to us was smoking, leaking that smell heavily into our room. The windowsill had dead bugs beneath it, and the walls had strange white marks where something had been there before and just made the rest of the wall look yellowed and gross. I was definitely not asked how my stay was at check-out, probably because they knew what the answer would be. Do not go to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myrnanyc
Reviewed 14 August 2007

We arrived and loved the look of the lobby. got to our room, and later had to call to the front desk for towels.the front desk clerk said they would bring them to our room, they did what they said.then i noticed the tub needed some extra cleaning.when i called the front desk they said they would be right there. to my surprise the manager of the hotel came her self, and cleaned it. then she asked was there anything else she could do to make our stay better. this was the best customer service we have ever had.i will be back next year,and will book here no matter the conditon.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2007

The hotel was just as everyone said on the reviews. The carpet was in bad shape, not only in the rooms, but all in the hallway also. The rooms smelled really damp. (I say rooms, because we reserved 4.) They all smelled really damp. The comforters had rips and big cigarette burns in them. ( Considering we had a non-smoking room) All the rooms that we reserved did not have sufficient amount of towels, for four people. The rooms all in all were not absolutely horrible, yet they needed a lot of tlc.
On a positive note, the staff at the front desk were friendly, and accomadating to our needs and questions. The shuttle bus that the hotel provided to and from the park at cedar point, was very nice. We did not have to pay for parking at the park. Besides, the shuttle is free! The food at the restaurant smelled really good, although we did not eat there.
As mentioned, the hotel was just ooookayyyy! It needed much updating and TLC! Would I recommend it? NO! Would i stay there again? PROBABLY NOT!

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank HOLLYWOODSW
Reviewed 30 July 2007

While planning a trip to Cedar Point we booked our room through priceline. We were apprehensive about it because once you book through priceline you're stuck , otherwise we would have left immediately! We brought our own pillows and (thank God) had some blankets in the car we brought in to use because Nothing looked sanitary in this building.
The windows were covered in finger prints, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, some kind of black sticky gunk was on the night stand, the carpet was so dirty we wouldn't walk across the floor in our bare feet. There was trash along side the edges of the beds ie; toothpick, small bits of candy, months of lint balls, food crumbs etc..., and the walls were black from finger prints and shoe marks. Absolute Filth!
Well I went downstairs to speak with the front desk person about it and He offered to put us in another room. when I asked if it would be cleaner than the room we were in He replied honestly, "No, Housekeeping is what it is." As upset as I was about the condition of our room and even more so His "I Couldn't Care Less!" Attitude, It came as no surprise. I knew before I asked that there wasn't a clean nook or cranny in that pit.
The following morning we went to the lobby and encountered a K-FED Wanna Be, obviously very upset with his girlfriend hence, throwing a pen or pencil at her back. We assumed it was a guest and wondered if someone was going to take control of the matter, but Noooo! This was the front desk clerk & her significant other behaving in this manner. Unbelievable! There was another employee out there at the time (not sure who) ,she was urging the girlfriend to call 911. Who is hiring these people?

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank rsheck
Reviewed 25 September 2006

I booked this hotel thru Priceline (which I've always gotten a decent room with them), but this hotel was probably one of the worst I have ever stayed at. The whole hotel smelled of smoke (even the non-smoking rooms), the beds were so small that you could lay on one side and touch the edge of the other side with your hand. The ironing borad was roughly knee-high. There were ants in the bathroom and all along the window edge. We left our room at 11:00 in the morning to head out for the day, so we put out the "Please Freshen Room" sign, and when we came back at 9:00 PM, our room was never cleaned!!!! Called the front desk to complain, they never apologized - just said come down and get some new towels. When we checked out, they never even asked how our stay was --- I guess they know better. This hotel is super old and there are pleanty of other choices in the area. I will never stay at a Ramada again after this experience.

Stayed: September 2006