“Schizophrenic man in lobby”

Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville
Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I walk in and the lobby reeked of cigarette smoke. There was a schizophrenic man in the lobby pacing and talking to himself, and the desk clerk said "oh don't worry about him." I felt very unsafe! The accommodations themselves were fine, but that experience alone is enough to make me never want to return!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Perry F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Perry - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the smoke smell and guest in the lobby is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I have moved the smoker's stand away from the front door and am reviewing our noise policies with the staff to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay at our hotel moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at shv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The bar at the end of the hotel driveway had their music on so loud, my walls shook. My room was not clean for the whole 4 days I was there. The tv only got a couple of channels that you were stuck watching.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that the music from the night club was a disturbance during your stay. To uphold our company's high standards, we will speak with the owners of the club. We have addressed this issue before and it had been corrected. I regret to hear it has become a problem again. We only provide housekeeping service once a week for guests that stay 8 days or more. I apologize that you were not informed of our housekeeping policy during check-in. To prevent this from happening again I have spoken with all of my guest service associates.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at shv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

For the money, you can't beat it! I have stayed here several times, the rooms are always clean, the air conditioner works and the beds are comfortable! The girl at the front desk is super nice and professional. Courtesy calls are made to the guests to ensure everything is fine. And, there's alway hot coffee waiting on me in the mornings. Other places in this price range don't compete. Thanks ESA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our front desk employees and the comfort and cleanliness of your room. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here a month ago and moved to a different Extended Stay because of a few things:

1. I did not feel safe. Granted, they put me in the back of the hotel so there was no noise, but the overall appearance of the place made it feel unsafe.

2. It was not clean. The elevator smelled like urine the first night I stayed there; I was moving my things into my room and it was pretty awful.

3. My bed was disgusting. There were old blood stains on my sheets. Luckily, I brought my own sheets, but even then, I woke up the first night to bugs biting me. Now, it really bothers me to even say that, because I am a pretty optimistic person and hate writing bad reviews, and thought to myself maybe I was bitten before going to bed while I was outside or something, but I am pretty confident in saying that it wasn't from that.

4. The shower I had was cold one minute and boiling hot the next.

Otherwise, I had no problems. The staff was very accommodating and polite. When I decided to switch to a different Extended Stay, they made it very comfortable for me and easy to check out. It's close to Walmart and other stores. I was able to grab the things I needed (food, supplies, etc.) and the big fridge was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that our staff provided you with such great service. Still, I am sorry to hear that you did not feel safe at our property. Please know we take these comments very seriously and will look for ways to improve in this area. As well, I apologize that you found the hotel to be unclean overall and that your shower did not work properly. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take the proper action to make sure our cleaning services are improved and the shower is repaired as soon as possible.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at shv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here one night and decided to move on. The room was ok, clean and bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. My only concern for this hotel is the location. There is a nightclub next door. We stayed in the very back building so it was quiet but I worried about our car being broke into. There were signs in the parking lot advising to remove valuables and lock our car because the management would not be responsible. Hum? Instead of those signs perhaps hiring a private security guard would have shown that this hotel actually cares about the safety of its customers. So for this reason I cannot recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay in back building, top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hi Linda,

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel safe and had some concerns about the club next door. To uphold our company's high standards, we do have a security guard that works on the nights the club is open to ensure our guests can feel safe and plan on continuing the security moving forward. The signs in the parking lot our standard at all our locations and are posted to remind our guests not to leave valuables in their vehicles. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at shv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

It's loose of money and satisfaction. The ambiance is dull and depressing. There is no cleanliness and there is room odor. Noisy air conditioner with no working defrost in the bathroom. Kitchen utensils & refrigerator are unclean

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards and that you were uncomfortable overall. Please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team, and I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleanliness procedures and inspection policies to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at shv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms could be cleaned a little better. I found trash under the recliner when I moved it. The hotel staff was very friendly. Kelli was very helpful. The area is quiet and within walking distance to a shopping mall and places to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to read your remarks about our friendly staff and that they were so helpful. However, I am very sorry that the compartment under the recliner to be unclean. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure we move all recliners so this does not happen again. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at shv@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati - Sharonville
Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
#11 of 17 in Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to Crossland Studios Cincinnati - Sharonville? Share your experiences!