“Not bad”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Just passing thru Cincinnati had a rough time finding room due to jazz festival in town. Found this one which is under renovations. All in all not bad rooms were clean breakfast was good, when they renovate the rooms I hope they fix air conditioning had to set to 60 to get it to run, room was no where near 60 but the room was quite comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Harleyhoss,

I want to thank you for staying at our hotel on this busy weekend. I also want to thank you so much for your comments out hotel is about to go through an extensive renovation process, we will defiantly address the concerns with the Ac and much more. I do hope you come back and experience the hotel once we are finished with our renovation. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Awesome Staff, they treated us like family. Everyone from Housekeeping to the Desk Clerks greeted us with a smile and kind word. Very clean and breakfast was great. Thank you to Daniel and Jarvas for being especially kind to our kids with special needs. Jarvas, Jimmy tried for that home run but came a lil short, but that hit was for you! I can't remember everyone's names, but thank you all!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Maddx4,

First off I want to tell you how much of a pleasure it was to have you and your group stay at our property. As well how much we appreciate your wonderful review. Thank you very much! Like I said the entire group was just such a pleasure to have at our property and I do hope you some back and stay again with us. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the staff and Jarvis im sure he will be pleased with Jimmy no matter the outcome. Once again we hope to see you soon and it was such a pleasure to meet all of you. If you need anything what so ever please dont hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

1st. My bathroom had hair all over it from the person before.
2nd. My bed skirt was dirty with spots
3rd. We got stuck on the elevator & staff was debating if she should call the fire department per my wife
4th when your paying the front desk clerk he (mike) or she (alani) won't give u your money in your hand even if you got ur hand out.
5th it was peopl smoking and drinking outside my window half the night. Reported to the front desk nothing happen. Matter of fact they were out there even louder the next night.
6th the desk chain that was in my room was very dirty

• Stayed: July 2013

Sunny3412,

First of let me apologize for the issues you ran into on your stay. I want to let you know that we really do our best to satisfy each and every guest. Im sorry you left unhappy. Please accept out apology and know that we want to make it up to you. Please dont hesitate to contact me directly and Ill happily take care of you.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed in many Holiday Inn Expresses......this one had a great "quiet, off the freeway" location. Loved the daily cookies, too good - truthfully. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express - but I must say 1. good 2. comfortable 3. Very friendly front desk staff 4. Everything very clean...in other words - exactly what you want for a mid priced hotel.

Room Tip: Don't know as I think all are just fine. I like lower floor, but that's me.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

NMgirl78,

First off thank you for the wonderful feedback as you know we value each and every guest that comes here and always want to hear feedback from them. I wanted to share with you that as much as you like it now you will like it even more in the future. We are about to go through a renovation that will make our hotel and rooms much more up to date and fulfilling to your needs. Come back and give us another stay in the future im sure you wont regret it.

Cheers

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past father's day weekend and overall it was just okay. The location wasn't within walking distance to any restaurants and was in a more industrial looking part of town. The room was fair. The beds and linens appeared to be clean but the bathroom had mildew all above the tub and ceiling area. I did like that it had a fridge and microwave inside the room and it had 2 queen beds instead of double/full size beds. We didn't complain because we were only staying 1 night and when we checked in they were scrambling to find a room that was already clean (we arrived around 4pm and published check in time is 3pm). We were already tired and the 5 year old was in desperate need of a nap so we didn't ask to switch.

Breakfast was free but only goes to 9:30. By 9am the selection was a little picked over. Eggs, sausage, and gravy were all gone. There were 2 biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cereal, and a selection of bagels/muffins to choose from. They do have a pancake maker but some were having trouble with the machine and the front desk clerk was trying to fix it so I never tried that. The best part about this hotel was that the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Purdue7,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at hotel. As well let me apologize that you didn't have the best stay possible. We truly do our best to make sure each and every guest is satisfied 100%. I went to the room and saw the issues you were talking about and have fixed it immediately. I appreciate you bring it to our attention. I also invite you back to give us another chance. Let us make you 100% happy this time. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know directly and Ill be happy to help ya.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been staying with HIE hotels for some time now while on business trips so I didn't think anything of it when I booked my most recent stay in the Cincinnati area. I was a bit taken back when I walked in to my room. It smelled musty and had a strong mildew odor in the air as well. The bathtub was in bad shape and the overall bathroom felt dirty; hairs, dirt, etc. The pillows were much different than I'm used to as well. Normally they have different pillow cases distinguishing firm and soft pillows, which this hotel did, however they were all "soft." If by soft you mean they were filled with 2 cotton balls.

Breakfast was mediocre compared to other HIE and the pool looked like it had something floating on the top of it.

The man at the front desk was very helpful though. He might have been a manager but I have had nothing but issues with my members number and he went above and beyond trying to figure out the issue. He wasn't able to solve the problem but he did try to...it just wasn't something he could handle.

Overall, this HIE isn't worth the stay especially with so many other options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

DinIndy,

First let me start off by apologizing because you were unsatisfied about your stay. We do try to make each and every guest feel like home and take care of them as much as we can. I can tell you that there has been a change in management and we are doing any and everything to take care of the issues at hand. I personally pride myself in keeping a clean hotel and I cant guarantee you that if you come back and give us another chance you will notice a difference and see notable change. Please feel free to contact me here directly and I will be happy to help you out.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express, and I would not want to stay anywhere else in Cincinnati! Alaisa (I hope I spelled that right),was at the front desk when we checked in at 9:30pm, which was only an hour and a half before her shift ended, and she was as bubbly and friendly, and knowledgeable, as if she had just come on shift. As soon as I presented my Priority Club card, she made sure we had all of the amenities for Priority Club members. The hotel was as beautiful, clean, and well taken care of, as on our previous visits. We were offered our choice of floors, and when asked, Alaisa, said that her preference was the first floor, and it was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh, and the area was very well kept. The pool was as good as I remembered, as was everything about the hotel. It's close proximately to the interstate, and ease of finding the hotel, were factors in originally choosing the location, but the staff and the hotel itself are the reason we keep coming back..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
AJ S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your very positive feedback and we strive to make our guest our number priority and give the best service we can offer. We do hope to see many more times.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!