“Very Good Hotel with excellent service”

LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in a Queen Suite. Rooms were very clean, service is good and I really liked their morning break fast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kavithareddy_11
sharonvillegm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Thank you so much for your comments on the hotel. We are glad you had a wonderful stay and hope you will come back to see us again! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please feel free to ask us!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Booked this hotel through Travelocity and even though the reviews said 4 out of 5 star, but I would only give 3 out of 5. Well, pretty much everything in the hotel was outdated, but kept clean enough for guests to enjoy. Traveloicy rated it a 3 star hotel, but in my humble personal opinion it is at most a 2.5. The breakfast I skipped all three mornings because it was continnetal with very very few selections. I just picked up an apple or two to enjoy during the day. Rooms were clean, but bathroom needed some update for sure because here and there I saw paint peeling off. One of our rooms' toilet was clogged when we first arrived and we had to call front desk to send some one to fix it for us. The flat panel TV was okay except most TV channels were no where close to sharp and clear. The only one thing I loved about this hotel was the air conditioner, because that weekend we stayed there Cincinnati experienced a super heat wave with temperature high into the low 40C but the AC kept us nice and cool at night giving us good sleep every single night. The internet speed was okay during the day, but at night when everybody was back at the hotel it became crawling speed at times. Overall I do not have much to complain about for the price I paid, but it is definitely not a 3 star establishment as claimed by Travelocity.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lasallejai

I'm sorry that you did not think we are a five star hotel. We try our best to keep the rooms and common areas as clean as possible. Our breakfast has been updated to include a much larger selection. I am glad you liked the a/c in our rooms. We still appreciate the comments and hope you come back to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have stayed where twice now. We visited Cincinatti to watch the ATP Tennis Masters tournament. This hotel is just 15 mins drive from there and offers free wifi and breakfast. Its a great place for an over night or business trip

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about us. We hope to see you back soon! Please tell us what we can do to make your next stay a 5 star one!

Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel is in a part of town crowded with hotels, so I hoped competition would keep the price down. It was decent, but could have been less expensive for my liking. But I was looking for a hotel for a getaway with my wife, and this fit the bill. There were hardly any cars when we arrived in the late afternoon, though it was quite different when we came back after dinner. I expected that would make breakfast crowded, but it wasn't.

Anyway, nice smooth check-in process, comfortable, quiet, and clean room. The air conditioner was a low-feature model, so it cycled on and off all night to keep the room cool, but that doesn't keep me awake. The shower was fine. The breakfast was slightly above average for the kinds of hotels I stay in (i.e., cheap ones): bagels, bread, make-your-own Belgian waffles (which I happen to get really excited about), eleven kinds of standard breakfast cereals, most sugary, coffee/tea, and a fruit juice dispenser.

Two things would have made the stay better:
1. Shave about $10-15 off the price. We paid $69 after taxes, which I felt was just a bit steep. But I think it is a step up from the Red Roof Inn on the other side of the highway, so perhaps it's worth the additional expense.
2. More attentive desk staff. When we got the room, I neglected to ask what time check out was in the morning. That's something they usually tell you, so I shouldn't have had to ask. We checked out around 10:00am, which I'm sure was within acceptable limits, but there was no one around. After waiting around and staring into the security camera trying to look impatient, I called back into the office, as I could see a guy sitting back there. He turned out to be maintenance, and he went off in search of someone who could take my key card and print my receipt. That took longer than it should have. The desk person was the same one who had cleaned up breakfast an hour earlier, so I don't know what she was off doing. Perhaps 10:00 is just an odd time to check out? I wasn't in a hurry, but I expect better service from our friends in the "service industry."

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeepItCheap

We appreciate you leaving a comment for us. I am glad you had a good stay. I apologize for the front desk clerk not being right at the desk. They are responsible for all areas that pertain to breakfast. I will be sure to speak with my front desk clerks and handle the situation promptly. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Got this for $35 a night on priceline by bidding. I was impressed. I've stayed in MUCH more expensive hotels that weren't as nice as this one. The room was spacious, clean, there was a decent sized refrigerator and microwave, which we didn't use, but could definitely see the benefit. The pool was nice and very clean, the staff was quite friendly. Breakfast was ok...just carbs and sugar, but I've seen worse. There are make-your-own waffles, bagels, a large variety of cereals and juices, and milk and coffee and some fruit. I noticed a small workout room but didn't have time to visit. There were two vending machines that vended foods you could heat in the microwave, and one that vended many different ice-creams for a very reasonable price. Internet was somewhat slow in my room, but it is free! We were only 10miles from Kings Island and it was great to find this affordable option to stay before going.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank warriorforkids
sharonvillegm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Thank you for such a nice comment. Reading it makes me so happy. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back here again!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is a perfectly good hotel that can often be found at a great price via Priceline, Hotwire or Travelocity Top Secret Hotels. Rooms are decent sized and beds are very comfortable. The free breakfast is adequate, if not especially generous. During this visit we were placed in a "nonsmoking" room that had a very distinct smoking smell. We asked to be moved but no rooms were available. If we had paid full price for the hotel, then we would have been quite dismayed. The smell remained on all the clothes in my bag even after the trip (though washing them removed the smell). As it was, we were happy to have a slighly imperfect stay at a super price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was the second year in a row a friend and I have stayed in this hotel during Mason, Ohio's annual pro tennis tournament. Love that we can stay two nights here for less than one night's stay at the larger chain hotels in the area, who substantially hike up their rates during the tennis tournament.

Very comfortable pillow top beds and the convenience of an in-room microwave and mini fridge are added benefits. Convenient location, about 15 minutes from the Lindner Family Tennis Center and King's Island, and several restaurants are located within a couple of miles. Not much within walking distance, however. Free breakfast includes cereal, milk, juice, coffee, a little fruit (apples and oranges during our stay), bagles, and do it yourself waffles.

More positives: helpful, pleasant staff and ample free parking. The pool area is nice but rather small. We asked for a room away from the elevators and were rewarded with a relatively quiet stay. The only negative was the air conditioning unit, which seemed rather old. We were either too chilly or too warm the entire stay.

Overall, great value for the price and location. Will definitely stay there again next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elyriel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
0 mi away
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Sharonville Convention Center
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati - Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!