LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Nice Find”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location was fine for where I need to be that weekend. Hotels in Cincy can be overpriced. This hotel was was a great value. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable, and had all the amenities of a more expensive hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. They also have coffee in the lobby all day if you would like to get out of your room for a little while. My only complaint would be a very weak breakfast area. There were not many choices for the amount of people who stay there. Would I stay there again? You bet!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mamamax8825,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm very happy to hear that your found us to be a good value! I strive to bring comfortable rooms at comfortable rates. Hopefully we can earn all 5 stars on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Jennifer Kent,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Maidsville, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I needed to travel to the Sharonville area and found this hotel and based on reviews I decided to stay. I would agree that this is a decent hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. The staff was very pleasant. The only complaint I would have is that the walls are thin. I could here people walking/talking in halls and doors closing. This does become annoying when you are trying to sleep and people are returning to their room at midnight and you become awaken from the noise they are making. I did not eat the breakfast they offered so i can not comment. The exercise room Is small. ..only 4 pieces of equipment. But all were in good working order and they were clean. All in all though it was a decent place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Erika P,

Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad that our other guests were able to give you a clear picture of our hotel and services. I hope that we will see you again soon!

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My initial thoughts about the LivINN was that our priceline reservation was putting us into an out of the way, mom and pop place providing bare minimum of services.

Was I wrong. This place is a hidden gem! The location is great, far enough off the interstate that you aren't listening to traffic all night but close enough to make it convenient. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate, the bed was better than a lot of 5 star hotels that we stayed at. Sharonville is in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati but still close enough for a great night's stay!

Dear Bialy30041,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I'm so glad that we were able to offer you the services that you needed. I hope that we will see you again very soon!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was clean and adequate except for the poor lighting. Location suited our needs. Breakfast was pitiful. Coffee, hard boiled eggs and yogurt were gone by 8:15 AM and were not replaced though I spoke to the staff. It was a terribly congested area and was pretty grubby by 8:15. The second morning we went elsewhere for a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't plan on breakfast unless you're satisfied with minimal options.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room! I apologize that the breakfast was so busy in the morning. During the summer months we are extremely busy. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Troy, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My significant other and I were looking for a nice hotel to spend the night in after a long day of adventuring around the northern Kentucky and Cincinnati area. We wanted a place on the outskirts of Cincinnati as to avoid the crazy city traffic/noise and congestion. When we saw online the rates that this place offered and that they had a king room with a jacuzzi tub in it, we were sold! The front desk attendant at check-in was very polite and we liked that next to the front desk there was a map with area attractions and little color-coded pins (restaurants, churches, museums, etc) to indicate where each one of them was in relation to the hotel. Our room was very nice and spacious and the layout really emphasized the size of the room. The bed was a pillow top, which made you feel like you were sinking into a cloud when you were laying in it. All the furniture was up-to-date and the tv was located in a place that you could easily watch it from the bed, desk, or jacuzzi tub. I love that the toiletries provided were Bath & Body Works and that there were some in the bathroom next to the actual tub/shower as well as an extra set by the jacuzzi tub. There were a couple of things that disappointed me about the hotel though. When I tried to connect to the wifi there was a cost listed to be added to my bill so it was clear that internet access from our room wasn't complimentary. The breakfast in the morning was rather skimpy and mostly just had cold cereal and some break/bagels left by the time we got there. Finally, I noticed that the hairdryer in the room was not functioning. I wasn't sure if it was the appliance or the outlet so I plugged my hair straightener into it and that did not work either. Unfortunately, the hairdryer was the type that was attached to the wall so I couldn't move to use at another outlet. When my significant other and checked out I told the front desk attendant about the outlet and she looked kinda confused and then just said that she was sure maintenance already knew about it. Not quite the response I was expecting, but nothing I can do about it. Overall it we had a great stay for a great price and we would absolutely stay here again.

1 Thank BioAnthroNerd11
Dear BioAnthroNerd11,

Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad that you had a nice stay! I apologize for the hairdryer not working. That outlet has a breaker built in and can get tripped with out us knowing about it. And yes, the front desk representative should have said that she will tell the maintenance man. I checked our records and she did indeed add it to his maintenance list. Thank you for telling us about this issue so that the next guest would not be inconvenienced. I hope that we will see you again on you next trip to Cincinnati!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our family of 4 recently stayed in two connected suites at LivInn. We typically go with more well-known hotel chains because of reliability & loyalty program rewards but we couldn't pass up the chance to stay at a hotel with such reasonable rates and high reviews. Overall, we were very pleased. The only areas that did not meet our expectations was a mix-up on our reservations. We requested two rooms that were connected and our reservation only had 1 room reserved. I never got an email confirmation despite requesting one, however, the front desk staff worked it out, much to our relief. The other area that we were not as pleased with was the free breakfast. It was a challenge keeping the items stocked and there really weren't many healthy options to choose from but that's typical with just about any hotel offering "free" breakfasts these days.

There were areas that exceeded our expectations. They were:
1. Cleanliness of our room
2. Quiet rooms (we were on the street side of the hotel and did not hear any noice from I-75 or our neighbors.
3. Friendliness of staff
4. Convenient, free parking
5. Fitness room and business center came in handy for us.
6. Location was great

Overall, I felt like we got a very good room for the price we paid. I've paid twice as much w/ other hotel chains and have been less pleased. We ended up extending our stay since it worked out so well for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear BND0131,

Thank you very much for your review! I love that we were able to exceed you expectations in so many areas! I'm glad you were able to have a great stay! I hope that we can earn all 5 stars on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Marion, Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The location is very conveniently located next to the convention center. We were on the top floor in room 334. There is a guest laundry on the third floor.

Our room was clean and nicely appointed. The toiletry products and soaps were from Bath & Body Works. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

We had checked in early in the afternoon but didn't spend any time in our room until 11:45PM. That's when I discovered a nice television but no remote control. I searched all over the room and finally called the front desk. They asked if I had looked in the drawers. I did- not there. They said they would bring it up in a little while. I offered to go down to the desk to get it. They said "No, it would be closer for us to bring it up." (???) It took over 20 minutes for them to deliver it.

The room had two beds. The air conditioning unit does not have a way to direct the flow of air and it blows directly at the bed closest to it. (It does not flow upward - It is directed just above the height of the mattress.) I tried to stack pillows to block the air but that wasn't enough. I finally got the ironing board and placed it between the air conditioner and the bed, draping a bath towel next to the bed to block the air. That, with the pillow "fort" made it tolerable, but cool air does not flow to the other side of the room and the person in the other bed complained about not being cool enough, even with the thermostat set at 61 degrees.

Breakfast is served in the lobby from 6-9AM. Both days they were out of regular coffee by 8:30AM and none was available after that. The breakfast food area is congested. There were two toasters and neither worked well. In addition to sweet rolls, bagels and cream cheese, and cereal they had boiled eggs, apples and waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marilyn W
Dear Marilyn,

Thank you very much for your review and describing your stay for our future guests. I apologize that the front desk was slow in getting you your remote. And for the issue with the a/c. I want to assure you that this is not our typical level of service. I hope that you will contact me with any other issues. Thank you very much for your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Cincinnati.

Jennifer Kent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
#9 of 17 in Sharonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!