“Nice, clean, friendly witth free breakfast”

LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Nice, clean, friendly witth free breakfast”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed at this property a few times before. It is very reasonable, clean and friendly. Great place for families or business travelers. Free breakfast with some hot food, but somewhat limited fare. Good enough for a quick start before starting your day. Next to Sharonville Convention Center and down the street from Queen City Racquet Club. Across the street from water park too. Close to restaurants, shopping and the Tri-County Mall. Rooms are somewhat dated but clean. Reliable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Tallyho078,

Thank you very much for your review! I'm so glad that we were able to earn all 5 stars during your stay! We strive to offer our guests comfortable rooms at comfortable rates. I hope that we will see you again soon!

Jennifer Kent,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Michigan
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed for the second year in a row while attending a convention across the street. The staff is friendly, rooms and common areas clean, A/C, TV, mini-fridge, coffee pot, and hair dryer working well. Little bit of a bump upon checkin for my friends who had called to extend their stay. General manager worked it all out and everyone in our party was happy. Hotel obviously was overbooked and am guessing someone didn't get to stay Sat. night. All in all a nice place to stay. One suggestion for improvement: Later pool hours. Our days were jam packed and we got back to hotel just in time to find the pool was closed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Jagwire,

Thank you very much for your review! I so glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. I hope that we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Things did not get off to a good start when I saw someone being escorted off the premises by police. The staff at the front desk stated that the guest had gone crazy and started making a big scene since the hotel did not have a restaurant on location (no restaurant was advertised so it did seem like the guest was at fault). The room started out looking nice, but when I left to get a drink I noticed a centipede. Since it was near the door I thought it might be done by the time I got back. When I got back, the centipede had crawled to the ceiling and I decided to kill it which caused some of the ceiling material to fall down. I then decided to strip the beds and see if there were any issues. There were yellow stains and hair all below the fitted sheet. I reported this to the front desk and they said they will file a work order for the centipedes and get me new sheets. This was the only consolation they could offer since the hotel was supposedly booked up. It took over 40 minutes to get new sheets and two trips to the front desk. I was supposed to stay for two nights, but checked out early and moved to a different hotel due to the lack of cleanliness. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Celtictool
Dear Celtictool,

Thank you very much for your review and for telling the front desk about the issue with your room. We want to make sure that if you have a problem we have the opportunity to solve it. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Cincinnati. Please feel free to contact me personally about your stay.

Churchton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We set up our reservation and when we called to double checked they told us they gave our room away! Keep in mind this is the day BEFORE we leave for our trip. They should not give rooms away if they are overbooked we booked 1st! Not our fault they are unorganized!

Room Tip: Make sure you call you hotel they day before you leave just to double check things
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chardonnay L
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Chardonnay,

I am very sorry about the situation that happened with your booking. A 3rd party site was selling rooms for us that were not available. As soon as we found the problem we connected the site so that they could help you make other arrangements. I apologize for the confusion and for your inconvenience.

Springfield, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Please be aware before you stay at this hotel. We have had nothing but problems since our stay. Have had to cancel all our credit and debit cards. We are still disputing debits from our bank accounts after maids stole information from our room. The picture on internet are very deceptive. The hotel does not look like the pictures. We learned our lesson the hard way. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Annika H
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Annika H,

Please contact me directly about this issue. This is a very serious accusation and we need to be sure to investigate this thoroughly.

Marina Del Rey
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The price is right on this hotel, and it is fairly conveniently located near main highways in northern Cincinnati. We spent two nights, and it was convenient for a trip to Kings' Island and another to Great American Ballpark. There is also a Graeter's a couple of blocks away--great ice cream in Cincinnati! The hotel is relatively clean, but there are no frills. The decor is a bit worn, but overall ok. We chose to have breakfast out, so not able to comment on the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank niseyb
Dear Niseyb,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm very happy to hear that your found us to be a good value! I strive to bring comfortable rooms at comfortable rates. Hopefully we can earn all 5 stars on your next trip to Cincinnati.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2014

So I booked what I thought was going to be a great hotel at a great deal. Outward appearances are very deceptive. We arrived late afternoon, dropped our bags off and immediately rushed off to make it to Ikea in time for a meal and some shopping. We got back around 10 pm and started to settle into the room. The room seemed clean enough (only going to be here 1 night). My 13 yr old was lime mom do you smell something weird. My 8 year old was like it's strong and stinks really bad. I had me 13 year old take my 1 year old away from the area while my 8 year old and I searched for the source. My husband was trying to find parking. My 8 yrs old opens the top drawer of the tv stand and was like mom it really smells in this drawer....it looks like it's coming from this grass stuff on this card and proceeds to pick it up to show me. I immediately rushed over to him told him to drop it and to go thoroughly wash his hands. It was Marijuana! Never have I ever been so pissed off. What kind of cleaning crew does this place have or was it the cleaning crew and now I had to explain what this is to my kids.

I called downstairs and informed the reservation lady of what had been found. She requested it be brought to her. When my husband and I got downstairs and handed it over to her she had the NERVE to ask us if we were sure it wasn't ours. Talk about adding insult to injury! I will never stay at this chain or at this place. I wish I hadn't booked it through Hotwire and trust me they are next on my complaint list. 95% recommended by whom?!? No offer to change our room was made or to reimburse us. I've learned my lesson...spend the extra money and stay at the Marriott or Hilton chains....saving a few bucks is not worth your children's innocence nor piece of mind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Krisluvoh
Dear Krisluvoh,

I am very sorry to hear about what was left in the room. I want to assure you that this is not our typical level of cleanliness. Please do not hesitate to ask for a manager when you feel your stay is not satisfactory. We want to solve the problem and be able to turn your opinion around before you leave. I hope that you will contact me soon. Thank you very much for your stay.

Jennifer Kent,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!