“A must visit”

Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Sharonville
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Root Beer Stand has been a close-knit family operation from day one and remains so today. As a matter of fact, both of our main cooks met the men they married while working at The Stand. They were carhops back in the 60's, and still enjoy the fast-paced work. And the root beer.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Sure it's crowded at times and you might have to get your food to go or eat outdoors. But if you love a really good hot dog and root beer, it's pretty much the best in the area. Don't put off visiting; they're only open from Spring thru Fall.

• Visited August 2013

Mason, Ohio
“Love these root beer floats!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Cool, nostalgic place. Very little inside seating & can be hard to edge in to place your order during rush hours as it's so tiny, but the home brewed root beer is worth it. Prices are reasonable & burgers are good too.

• Visited July 2013
Mason, Ohio, United States
“Great American Drive-In Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The root beer and floats are all amazing. Chili (served on burgers and hot dogs) is similar in consistency to the Cincinnati staples of Skyline and Goldstar, but not nearly as sweet but with more spice. The food overall is average, but the root beer and atmosphere are great.

Visited June 2013
Prospect, KY
“just what is says:”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Its a small stand, and they have root beer. Real root beer. And its good! Hot dogs, burgers, ham and cheese sandwich, chips, ice cream and thats about it. But its the root beer I stop here for... very very good!

Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I recently read learned about The Root Beer Stand when reading a "Best of Cinci"-type article. I thought it sounded like something we should try so we stopped by yesterday while we were in the area. I traveled with my wife and two elementary aged kids. Overall I rate the Stand as just average. The decor and food were the most appealing things but, as several reviewers have already started, the namesake root beer is not very good.

The decor is standard drive-in fare. Several stools are crowded around a counter. We arrived around 4:30 and it was not too crowded but within 30 minutes or so it was standing room only. (There are ample outdoor seating options as well as a small playground, however). I would disagree with the comments calling the Stand a dump. It is not cookie cutter chain restaurant for sure. Instead it is a vintage nod to an earlier time. The ceiling is covered with hanging baseball caps and the walls have copies of articles about the Stand as well as pictures of other local sites.

Our server was pleasant and efficient. When we told her we were first-timers she recommended we order a pitcher of root beer to share between the four of us. After we placed that order she worked on getting the drinks while we looked over the food menu. Prices are really pretty good. They serve hot dogs, burgers and other sandwiches with chips and popcorn as sides. My wife and I chose the footlong hotdog specialty called the Timmy Dog. It is loaded with chili, cole slaw, sauerkraut, cheese, etc. It is huge and came with a fork and knife. At $5.50 it was one of the pricier items on the menu but it was good. The daughter got a hamburger which she said was very good and the son got a plain footlong. All together we spent around $20.

The major disappointment was the root beer. My son was the only one who liked it. It is very flat, almost like drinking soda that has been sitting out for too long. It was very cold, which helped. I also thought it had a strange after taste that I did not like. The pitcher was enough to fill all four mugs once and about halfway a second time. This was more than plenty as my daughter disliked it enough that she didn't drink hers. I will say I think the root beer might be good in a float but we did not try it that way. We also did not try their orange drink.

I am glad we went and experienced The Root Beer Stand but I doubt we go back anytime soon. Although the food was pretty decent it alone is not a reason for us to go out of our way to come back. Now if the root beer had been better...

Visited July 2013