“Average hotel.”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Average hotel.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

This is an average hotel. It has nothing that really stands out. However, the pool is very nice although it is an old hotel. I wouldn't stay here for too long, but for a few nights, I think it'll do the trick.

• Stayed August 2013
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Connor C,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you hear that you enjoyed the pool. We hope that the next time you are in town for a couple of days we will see you again and you can also enjoy some of the updates we have in store.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Well this is my First Stay July 21 2012

Alright i booked this room blind on priceline for 74.00 per night per room.

POSITIVES pool, close to kings island, clean, easy to access from I-275, nice staff.
NEGATIVES old, game room only had 2 games that worked, slow elevators

I called in advance to make sure that we had 2 beds in each room the reservation was set. We got at the hotel at 10:56 and we checked in for us and my aunt but she does not like elevators so we asked to be on a lower floor they put us on 6 and my aunt on 4 . We went up to our room on floor 6 with 1 of her 2 kids because my aunt needed to go to cvs, when we walked in to our room we looked at the room THE ROOM WAS HANDICAP WITH 1 BED!!!! so we called the front desk they said there was no rooms with 2 beds they only had handicap rooms! When my aunt got here she went to her room on the 4th floor AND IT WAS THE SAME!!!!!! We went downstairs to the desk and they looked for a room and there was a room with 2 beds so they LIED to us! the room was on the 10th floor so my aunt had to walk 10 flights of stairs. They did not even apoligise they did not give us a free brekfast coupon to say sorry. so much for a nice hotel :( -jmacjr5382
Room Tip: DO NOT check in late !!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Value
4 of 5 stars Location
4 of 5 stars Sleep Quality
1 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
1 of 5 stars Service

asantomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review
July 23, 2012
I am sorry your check in experience was not more pleasant and I agree we could have been more compassionate about your aunt having to walk up to the 10th floor for her room. I will say though we did not lie. First, when you book thru Priceline there is no room type guarantee. We try to honor requests as people check in. Obviously, checking in close to 11pm on a sold out night there were not many rooms available and the reason you were told there were no doubles was because a group of 8 rooms showed up right before you, that had a block of rooms but never verified they were coming showed up and they needed rooms with 2 beds or bed and sleeper sofa (this actually over sold us). When we were done handling that we realized there was a room left with 2 double beds. Again, I am sorry for the confusion. I wish you well in your future travels.

This Stay On 8/5/13

This stay that was alot better,
The room was cleaner
The pool was cleaner
The front doors did not make terrible noises
Staff was still very nice

Bad Things
Bathroom Was Small
Room Was outdated (But Alot of holiday inns are old but thats fine)

The only reason the room Type was right we checked in on time and left and returned kings island....

Room Tip: Check in Early Get A High Room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jmacjr5382
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear jmacjr5382,

I am very happy to hear that your experience with us recently far exceeded your last stay. We have been making some small renovations and do have some rather large ones in the works that we hope will make it even better the next time you are in our area. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped at this hotel on the way to Canada to get some rest. The hotel isn't awful, it's just not good. If I hadn't had got a Priceline price of 49$ I would. Have been upset. Especially since the normal price is 109$ a night. The clerk who checked us in last night couldn't be less helpful. He couldn't answer any questions I asked about the area and couldn't even answer my question about the hours of the restaurant IN THE HOTEL. Once we got into the room, everything was damp. The sheets, the towels, the carpet, EVERYTHING was damp. The AC was very loud and didn't so the best job. There were also stains on the door that looked like blood splatter. Would not recommend this hotel. Stay at the Drury right down the road. That's a very nice hotel in Sharonville.

Only thing OK about this hotel was the beds were slightly comfortable. And only slightly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mercedes506
Dear Mercedes506,

Thank you for your feedback. We have used it to provide more training, as well as, take a look at some of our older AC units and the rust that has appeared on some of our guest room doors. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the beds, slightly. Thank you again.
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've stayed at some outstanding Holiday Inn's but this wasn't one of them. I should have read the reviews in advance. I'm sure when it was new it was really classy. There would be a part that was very good and then something else that creeped me out. It is older and fading at the edges now. There were several large groups - a kid's soccer team and some other large group staying there so it was noisy and crowded. I was put on the 12th (top) floor and the elevators were absolutely taxed by the large number of people there - one was broken for a while. The king bed in my room sagged in the middle. The bathroom sink drain was slow draining, nearly stopped up, as well as the bathtub. The WiFi was really hit or miss. Thank goodness it was just for the night - I was too tired to complain to the front desk. The staff seemed nice enought at check-in but perhaps alittle harried. I heard one outside in the hall being very firm but polite with a guest that was caught smoking in a non-smoking room. I was supposed to get a free breakfast with my gov-rate room deal (indicated on my emailed confirmation when I reserved online) but didn't find any info in my room about the restaurant or anywhere else to eat, so in the morning, I was ready to get out of there. I think I would have been better off staying at the Motel 6. The only good thing was that it was very close to the IKEA taking the back roads.

Room Tip: Rooms on 12th floor are interspersed with conference meeting rooms that were being used so it was ve...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 84Hokie
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear 84Hokie,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. We do have an older property, but strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great experience while they are with us and because you did not, I do apologize. We are making some improvements in the coming months that I hope would make it a better stay for you if you ever find yourself in our area again. Thank you for your feedback that we can learn from and we hope to see you again.
N'town, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was a bit nervous about the hotel because of other reviews. However, I found our stay at the Holiday Inn to be a nice one. The hotel staff was courteous and went above and beyond to take care of us. the Max & Erma's was delicious, the parking was convenient (although there were some undesirable characters lurking outside of the hotel), the elevators were sufficient (although they made some weird noises), and the rooms were clean and well-stocked (although the hallways were a bit dingy and poorly lit). I did a bed bug check (standard procedure for me) after entering the room; everything was clean and fine. The hotel is located in a very convenient location, in close proximity to many other businesses. The pools are nice, with the indoor pool being filled with warm water. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Richelle R
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Richelle R

We are very happy to hear that our hotel provided what you needed to have an excellent visit. We are also extremely proud of our staff for going above and beyond to ensure that you had an amazing experience. We can't wait to see you again!
Newnan, Ga.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Convenient to interstate and our favorite foods (Skyline Chili and United Dairy Farmer. The room is nicely appointed and clean. Hotel was in keeping with star rating. There is a restaurant in the hotel that looked nice but we didn't try it. Nice lobby area and ample parking.

Room Tip: Stay on upper level away from elevator and vending/ice machine
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rivrman
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear rivrman,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to offer great value for your trip. We hope to see you again soon!
Independence, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

There was nothing spectacular about this hotel, but it was everything a business traveler hopes it would be. It has a good restaurant attached for breakfast, it was quiet, and had a nice indoor and outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sarkmuchan
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear sarkmuchan,

I am happy to hear that you found all you needed at our hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Comfort Inn Northeast
Comfort Inn Northeast
#21 of 51 in Cincinnati

Been to Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!