“Nice Hotel in an average location”

Sonesta ES Suites Cincinnati - Sharonville East
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The rooms are nice, clean, and have plenty of space. This is an older property with the main lobby disjointed from the rest of the rooms. The property is in a poor location with not much around it to eat or do. You have to drive to any place to eat or play.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The location can't get any better if you're visiting friends/family in Cincinnati. This location is easy access to everything. The room was your basic suite (we did not upgrade) - and was perfect for our needs. Didn't feel crowded at all, and everything "made sense" - as in everything was where it would be if it was your own home. They gave extra towels, which is always appreciated, rarely done. Amazing kitchenette set-up - hotel offered anything you would need, including laundry, grocery service, popcorn for your microwave... MY GOSH so impressive is the weeknight dinner and drinks for people traveling on business - are they serious!!!??? SO IMPRESSIVE!!! My only complaint/observation - and I may be nit-picking - the doors and door frames needed to be cleaned (409 works wonders) - even on the main entry doors to the lobby, the frames around the elevators, the bathroom door/door frames in my room. Very odd to notice - everything was so clean - but they ALL just needed to be wiped down... Anyway - besides that observation (which was really insignificant) - I will TOTALLY stay there every time I return to Cincinnati - and will recommend it to others :) p.s. Bed and towels were A+

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is ok if you are there on business and only during the week. If you are there on a weekend and looking for a bite to eat, be prepared to drive or settle for pizza delivery. This is in an industrial area but it is close to Ikea and a so so Mall if you don't mind a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The suite was nice and spactious for me and my family. The breakfast was good and the staff was pleasant. Only complaint is the room I booked a month in advanced was not available so I had to take a different one.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Our room was in need of a renovation as showing signs of wear and tear and overall dinginess. The bathroom, kitchen, and desk area were very cramped, especially compared to other Homewood Suites we've stayed. Very disappointed with our room, but didn't complain as they were booked full with a soccer team. Other rooms may be better. The fitness center, lobby, and breakfast area were fine. You have to go outside before you can go into the lounge, which would be a pain in the winter or rainy weather.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Cincinnati - Sharonville East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of an update. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My first two night in room 108 were bad. Two guests on either side had dogs (One had several) which kept barking loud enough for me to hear though they were several rooms away. One even chased me until I escaped in the elevator. When people walked by on the first or second floor, it sounded as if they dragged something across my wall. The work desk was small, the chairs sagged, and there wasn't enough room between front door and refrigerator, so you couldn't use seat closer to fridge and open fridge door. The business center is very cold so bring a sweater.

I stayed at a Hampton the third night then stayed at Homewood two more nights. After I mentioned the problems in 108, the clerk put me in 117 which she said was an upgrade. The dogs were gone, there was enough room between the front and refrigerator doors (Though the desk was still small) and the chairs were not so saggy. It even had a fireplace. You have to go outside to go to dining room/front desk, and 117 is right next to one of the walks so you'll have to close your curtains.

One night they had spicy Buffalo wings, which doesn't work for someone like me who doesn't like spicy foods or Buffalo wings. They don't always have oatmeal as one of the choices for breakfast like the Mahwah NJ one.

Room Tip: Get 117 instead of rooms near 108.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This property is a little worn and in an industrial area, but it is still a Homewood. If you want the extra roominess, kitchen convenience, full breakfast, etc., this property is fine. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Northside location was what we wanted, but it is an easy trip downtown.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fireplace.