“Terrible place..unclean”
Review of Motel 6 Sidney, OH

Motel 6 Sidney, OH
Ranked #2 of 2 Sidney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I wasn't expecting much...I thought it would be like Motel 6. A nice budget way to spend a night in the middle of a trip for me and my sons. However, the place was not clean and looks like the only maintenance ever done was making the bed. Clearly they sit vacant so they have let the place run down. I have slept in youth hostels before and this one wa probably worse than any of those.

Bottom line: This is NOT a family place to stay. If you are a truck driver looking for a overnight place to crash, then it might be appropriate. Not for anyone else though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2010

There is no in-room coffee. Free continental breakfast is advertized but when we checked is was over. The security lock did not work. Came back to our room and housekeeping did not close the door. The beds were not made and we only got new towels - at least I hope they were new. The blankets were awful - worse that a horse blanket. They are coarse, stained and have holes in them. The whole place just felt dirty. It is too bad since the bed was comfortable and we slept good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stopped in late right off highway without reservations to check prices. Was quite reasonable (Fifty three "cash") for a Friday night stay. Hotel was one of those some might be scared & leary of but once in room was surprised at size. Room was very basic but would not take much to spruce up. White sheets were very clean and check-in guy was nice & good to negotiate with. I asked for room away from noisy street and private/away from others, w/noise, extra towels and he accommodated. Room was huge with COMFORTABLE king size bed. I think this is an old fancy hotel which has run down a bit but wouldn't take much to fix up nice. If you're looking for exceptional and super nice get out more $$ for another place. If you want an OK place that is reasonable and more than adequate for sleeping, this is a good choice. First impression makes you wonder if roach motel, but once inside you realize it is actually alright. Carpet was clean not gross like many budget hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I stayed here one night while traveling for work. Scary! I am a woman traveling alone and did not feel entirely "okay" here. It appears to be an old (and I mean OLD) Comfort Inn or something like that. Normally Country Hearth Inn's are VERY nice and inexpensive for what you get. They are usually comfortable, clean, and cozy... Not this one. I wondered why there were only two other cars in the whole parking lot (and it is a large hotel)-- now I know why. My room was large, but smelled bad (musty/moldy-type of smell). There was an unknown, icky stain of some sort on the sofa cushion. The work desk had no nearby plug/outlet for my computer. The towels are sparse and tread-bare. The tile in the bathroom is outdated (think Grandma's house in the 1960s). There was some paint peeling off various areas in my room--like the window sill severely; and other areas all throughout the hotel. It was kind of dark and dreary throughout the place. The little fridge in my room did not work. The ice machine did not work, so no place to chill my soda pop. Upon arrival, in my bathroom there was only one almost-gone little roll of T.P. (Hmm, I am a lady...and ahh, we need a bit more tissue than that to get us through the night ;-)
The heater in my room worked (hey, I had to add one good thing)!
If you are looking for a cheap (price and in every other way) hotel to just stay for a night, you might find this acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We picked this hotel based on price. We only needed a sleeping spot on the mid-point of our road trip. The hotel lobby looked nice, but the rooms left a little to be desired. This hotel is in no way modern or updated, but if you're not all about frills and ammenities it is fine. It was clean enough although our mini-fridge smelled like something had died in there so we refused to use it. This is a case of "You get what you pay for." If you are picky this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel was ok for our purposes. We were hardly in the hotel. However we do have a baby, so the fact that we had to constantly turn the heater on or off to keep the room at a decent temperature was horrible. It was either really hot or really cold - neither are good for a baby. There are still cracks in the walls so the renovations didn't fix all that. The halls were freezing and the doors didn't close properly so you had to fight to close them. You could see outside through the heater, so when the heat was off, cold air was coming in. There obviously were no drop cloths used when the bathroom door was lacquered because there were splotches of it on the floor. And there were drops of paint on the sheet.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here twice already. We make the trip 2 times a year for the races. The people who work there are very nice and helpful. The room has always been clean and when we did have a complaint once, they were more than happy to fix the problem for us. In fact, we changed rooms. But as of now it is no longer an Econo Lodge, it is a Country Hearth Inn. The remodeling is done and it is a great place to stay. In fact, we are going again in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple